MALIBU What's going on G-Body peeps? I recently bought an 83' Malibu CL Wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
It's in very good shape for a 37 year old vehicle. Solid metal everywhere. Original interior is in great condition save the two cracks in the dash. It has a non stock 350, 350 transmission with a mild shift kit. A solid wagon overall. A few problems I want to address first. First is the wipers. The car is a Florida car and has been in Florida it's entire life. I picked it up from Central Florida and on the drive back the wipers quit working. In the rain. At night. On the interstate. That was not fun. At first it was intermittent. They would swipe for a little then stop , usually straight up and down. I would roll the switch back and forth and they would start again. Did this for a while then they just started one swipe and stop. The switch rolling was not working anymore. If they stopped while up I would roll the window down to reach out and push start them. They would swipe once or twice and stop again. I did this for miles . Finally got her home and covered her up because I have no garage to park in. Which brings me to my next problem. The rear passenger vent window does not close, lock and seal properly so rain will get in. Quite a bit of rain. The man I bought it from kept it in his garage so it never was soaked out. Not a hint of water damage or smell in the cab anywhere.

But I love it and plan on upgrading fully. Any help on repairing the rear vent window and my Wipers problem would be appreciated. View attachment 136954 View attachment 136955 View attachment 136956
What a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor