whats the best Gbody weatherproof car cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Looking to keep old man winter off my 84 Hurst Olds, and its gonna be outside in the cold this winter.

Whats the best value in car cover for a Gbody Cutlass?

thanks for any tips.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I don't have an answer for you but wanted to add my two cents.

I currently keep my G-body underneath a Shelter Logic carport but also keep a cheap 'breathable' cover on it due to the neighbors cats... Anywho, I'm not sure that weatherproof car covers are that great for a car that sits outside all of the time. the only reason that I mention this is because I'm thinking that said car covers will trap moisture at degrade the finish over time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I have used the car covers that costco sells with great success. No marks on the paint fast drying to. But I recommend getting something like damp rid for the interior that you can get at hardware or home improvement stores. This will help prevent mold and moisture .

I had my malibu stored outside for a couple of years with no issues this way.

On nice sunny days I would take the cover off and Crack the windows for a few hours.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If you can store it on pavement instead of dirt or gravel, that will really help it survive.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
So I ended up getting a cover off Amazon, by Classic Accessories. here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DNL8ZC/?tag=gbody-20

It fits the hurst/olds very well and has performed very well through a couple rains and a few snows.

It feels a little lightweight, I am sure I could rip it if I wanted to.

However, it is keeping the water and snow out. And it dries quickly.

For the price, I am satisfied.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If I really need to keep a car outside in the winter I will put it in my HF portable garage and lay a tarp on the ground and cover the car with a regular car cover, it's not as nice as being in my heated garage but it is at least protected from the elements.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I currently keep my G-body underneath a Shelter Logic carport but also keep a cheap 'breathable' cover on it due to the neighbors cats...
I am still trying to come up with a car cover that can carry voltage to eliminate this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor