Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
here's what I found...

Sales of the Cutlass Salon (the base Cutlass) were dismal to which the aero-styled sedan and coupe led to 1980 as the final year of the base Cutlass Salon (the nameplate would be revived again in 1985 when the Calais was moved to the GM N platform)

Sep 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
whats the difference?

okay if thats what the cutlasss salon looks like the why is my cutlass stamped with CUTLASS SALON emblem in the interior and exterior?

Sep 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
whats the difference?

ohhh my bad,see i have a 87 cutlass salon and thats what i meant by whats the difference,but that is a sweat looking car!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The later Cutlass Salon ( mid 80's) had bucket seats and console, Rallye gauges, leather wheel, stiffer suspension and faster steering box, some extra chrome like the rocker mouldings, the 14" "Super Stock" rally wheels, sport mirrors, Halogen headlights etc. That's according to my 1985 Olds Cutlass brochure. There were also a base model, 442 and Brougham level Cutlasses available-with the 442 being a somewhat improved Salon in 85-86, and a base car in 87. The Brougham had the pillow top seats, same door panels as the 442/Salon and the suspension was set on full soft uless ordered with the F41 option which was standard on the Salon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor