What's Your Automotive Perversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
Im in the middle of building a 37 dodge with a v-10 viper out of the srt-10 pickup for one of my customers. Six speed and all
should be nuts

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Looking at possibly picking up an 84 fiero with a 3800 and 4-speed. Possibly making it a roadster.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If only all SRT-10 trucks were cut up and used for parts... The 37 is a much cooler vehicle to put that stuff in IMHO than a heavy large full sized truck.

As for the Fiero, have you considered using a Cadillac Northstar V8 instead? I think there is a kit available for it. The V6 would be cool though, especially if you used the Eaton mini-blower off the Grand Prix GTP, Bonneville SSEi, Buick Park Avenue Ultra or Riviera. I remember seeing one with an L98 350 once and it looked totally stock on the outside. What a sleeper!

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Yeah, there's a lot you can do with a Chrysler 2.2/2.5 turbo. The best mod is probably the DOHC head from the Shelby Lancer or Spirit R/T.

Id love to do it, just need it back. Probably would have to have the motor rebuilt as it has about 120k on it.

edian

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2007
how about an 85 old's cailis with a pontiac 6000 awd, 3.8 buick v6 with a pair of turbo's from junkyard saab's(gt28's), a saab 9000 intercooler, 4 su sidedraft carb's(from datsun's), and a turbo dist. sounds fun

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Not my car I saw it at a show in England. A guy had put a Rover V8 ( the aluminum buick 213 from the 60's) into a Ford fiesta (a tiny 1.0 liter British car) mid mounted engine but he kept it front wheel drive. with 300 lbs of ballast in the engine bay it was actually driveable!

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
As for the Fiero, have you considered using a Cadillac Northstar V8 instead? I think there is a kit available for it. The V6 would be cool though, especially if you used the Eaton mini-blower off the Grand Prix GTP, Bonneville SSEi, Buick Park Avenue Ultra or Riviera. I remember seeing one with an L98 350 once and it looked totally stock on the outside. What a sleeper!
Yeah they make kits for the DOHC Northstar V8. The only problem is those go for a lot. And it's impossible to get one cheap, junk yards know what they're worth. But Series II 3.8L Supercharged Engine/Trans go cheap. A buddy of mine has an SSEI Bonneville and those things scream, at least for a large family sedan. A Fiero would be the ultimate sleeper project! Next to a Pontiac 6000 Series II Swap :D

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I've often thought of doing some kind of rear wheel conversion on a Saturn SC1/2. Saturns are great for rust-prone climates cause of their plastic bodies. Drivetrain isn't so great though. Maybe swap for a 3.4 DOHC 60 degree v6 from a eurosport lumina or z34? With a T-56 and a fox body mustang rear axle.

Maybe not the most outlandish idea, but it sure would confuse people if it looked stock and you did a massive burnout....

Plus you could drive it in the snow with no rust worries, but plenty of fishtailing fun.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
i kinda got athing for all the odd ball cars out fast or slow. my favorite gotta be the festivas, dodge omni glhs, and i got a thing for volvos with built turbos, i seen some nasty crazy fast ones on streetfire .net, and i would love to build one

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The Northstars are not as expensive as you think. I have a U pull it yard that charges $125 for a long block and $250 with everything included, and they get Northstar Caddy's all the time. ( They also get the 4.6 4V modular Fords in Mk VIII's too!)I remember reading that the 60 degree DOHC V6 was problematic, but I do not remember why. You could also see if you can find an Olds Aurora with the 4 liter Northstar, or an Olds Intrigue which has a V6 "Shortstar" (3/4 of a Northstar) in it if memory serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor