What's your favorite degreaser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Purple power works pretty well. I had it in my parts washer for a while. Best price for it locally is at Tractor Supply.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Palmolive dish wash. Just to be different than Dawn. :mrgreen:

Seriously, the stuff works where you think nothing will, and is utterly harmless to everything.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Gasoline.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Oven cleaner, and/or Super Clean

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
depends on what you are degreasing. Dawn, hot water, 5 min soak and 3500psi will strip near anything. But hands down gasoline will get you 95% of the way there then brake kleen or simple green what is left

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Diesel fuel also known as #2 heating oil. Excellent cleaning strength and no explosion chances. I like to soak carburetors in it as the plastic and rubber don't suffer. I must confess I use gasoline some times on small stuff and I am aware of the stupidity of that. Purple Power is great to use in a spray bottle for hard to reach things. Pep Boys have a 2.5 gallon jug for like $10 on sale sometimes. I used to use Permatex parts cleaner that you mixed with kerosene and while it worked great it stunk to high heaven.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Palmolive dish wash. Just to be different than Dawn. :mrgreen:

Palmolive is also Madge approved!:banana:
madge.jpg
I'm feeling old right now!

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Bombs Away - nothing better. Beats mineral spirits, gas and diesel fuel. Upholstery and paint safe and ultra cheap.

It's made a company named Wab. Mix it 3 or 4:1 for normal use, or 2:1 for cleaning a coolant covered, greasy shop floor with a mop.

Looks like Purple Power, but not the same stuff. And it's biodegradeable.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor