What's your second hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to do a few hobbies depending on my mood, if I have time, and what time of year it is.

Like to walk around places like Sabino Canyon in Tucson during the Winter and just take some pictures, enjoy the outdoors.

When I need some quiet time I like to sit outside and enjoy the view and do a little reading. Guess it would be called lallygagging!

When I was a kid I collected stamps and comics and buy something now and then.

Use to collect diecast, especially racing, hot wheels, etc. 25 years ago it exploded and greed was rampant and the market was over satuated. It seemed to collapse on itself overnight and all the speculators dumped their “college tuition investments” but it was too late and the hobby for me was ruined. It just turned a relaxing hobby into a situation where people were fighting over hot wheels cars in the isles. It was nuts. Anyone that remembers cabbage patch dolls and how people went nuts to get them is a good example of what went down with diecast like hot wheels treasure hunt editions.

As others I like do some gardening. Mostly flowers and rose bushes. I relax when I am watering, weeding, just puttering around.

Now that I have the space I'll probably put in a small garden. May work my way up as time goes by.

Normally I would just say "other cars" are my hobby but that's been put on hold until I have a new work space. Since I've relocated I've really gotten in to putting around in the hills on my goofy little TW.
20171027_150436.jpg

I was all amped about my scrambler project during the build and for the first couple trips but have mostly lost interest so it'll be on the chopping block in the spring.
20170813_095358.jpg

Over the last few years I've gotten more of an interest in things that go bang. Admittedly, but not surprisingly, I find more enjoyment in building them than actually using them.
IMG_1082.JPG

A recent exercise in ridiculousness...
20171231_154751.jpg

It's kind of frustrating right now because I actually have a ton of free time but no place to work. There's a certain project I'd like to take on soon but need to wait for my dad to wrap up his boat project so I can borrow some shop space. Keep an eye on the Prison Planet thread for it.

Not really a hobby. Firewood firewood firewood I went to PA to work on my car. I did firewood I came home early because I had to do more firewood and as soon as I get my but in gear today I have to do more firewood this winter is killing my back

Reactions: deanlemans81
Now that I have the space I'll probably put in a small garden. May work my way up as time goes by.

Normally I would just say "other cars" are my hobby but that's been put on hold until I have a new work space. Since I've relocated I've really gotten in to putting around in the hills on my goofy little TW.
View attachment 79472
I was all amped about my scrambler project during the build and for the first couple trips but have mostly lost interest so it'll be on the chopping block in the spring.
View attachment 79473
Over the last few years I've gotten more of an interest in things that go bang. Admittedly, but not surprisingly, I find more enjoyment in building them than actually using them.
View attachment 79474
A recent exercise in ridiculousness...
View attachment 79475

It's kind of frustrating right now because I actually have a ton of free time but no place to work. There's a certain project I'd like to take on soon but need to wait for my dad to wrap up his boat project so I can borrow some shop space. Keep an eye on the Prison Planet thread for it.
Is that a Mozzin? Very nice.

Reactions: DRIVEN
It is...ridiculous. Hundreds in accessories on an $80 gun. But it gets stupider. I probably have $1000 in milsurp tins to feed it. I'm an idiot.

It is...ridiculous. Hundreds in accessories on an $80 gun. But it gets stupider. I probably have $1000 in milsurp tins to feed it. I'm an idiot.
My father in law built one. I tell him he should have just bought a Savage! He was real proud of his three inch group at hundred yards. Then I showed him a nickel size group with my Savage!

• Agree
Reactions: DRIVEN
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor