What's your second hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is...ridiculous. Hundreds in accessories on an $80 gun. But it gets stupider. I probably have $1000 in milsurp tins to feed it. I'm an idiot.

That is pretty cool. I have a couple of them (M44 and M38) and I didn't even recognize it in there under all of the coolness.

I bought my son a bolt action, mule kicking rifle that leaves a mark on your shoulder, runs cheap ammo and requires cleaning after every trip to the range to promote discipline and frugality. His friend's dad's brought AR's (I left mine at home) and it was $10/minute to shoot vs. $10/day. When they turned 18, all of his friends bought them, too. I'm sure their dad's encouraged it.

My new focus is raising my 2 and 4 year old kids. I get to share things I've learned, and pass on some of my favourite things from my childhood - just last night we taped my oldest's new hockey stick (hot pink and Superman hockey tape was used), and watched the animated Transformers Movie from 1986.

Other than that work is always angling me to volunteer my time to doing things with the Regiment. Currently I am helping groom Junior Officers to become future Infantry Platoon Commanders. Sort of like raising my own kids too - only these ones I don't have to literally wipe the asses of.

EDIT: I should add that I also expend a lot of effort in strength training (work kind of demands it) - pun intended. For example I am routinely around a 1.4:1 power to weight ratio for my bench press (because gym bro metrics) at 5'-11", 168lbs and 9% BF; and my last fitness test put me in the top 2.2% nationally for my age/gender split for the Canadian Armed Forces as a whole (only reason I didn't score higher was because of the flu).
There. I got to brag. Publicly.

Last edited:
Work. Cars. Videogames. Sleep. In that order.

My new focus is raising my 2 and 4 year old kids. I get to share things I've learned, and pass on some of my favourite things from my childhood - just last night we taped my oldest's new hockey stick (hot pink and Superman hockey tape was used), and watched the animated Transformers Movie from 1986.

Other than that work is always angling me to volunteer my time to doing things with the Regiment. Currently I am helping groom Junior Officers to become future Infantry Platoon Commanders. Sort of like raising my own kids too - only these ones I don't have to literally wipe the asses of.
2 and 4 are such cool ages. They'r so inquisitive,funny,loving and they'r imaginations continually amaze me. I get to do it again now with my granddaughter and multiple grand nieces and nefews. That's the best,most important and rewarding way to spend time.

I think I'm going thru my second childhood. I like minibikes. I was into go-karts and minibikes when I was a kid back in the '60's. My interest has been rekindled when I had the opportunity to come across a few basket case bikes. I enjoy working on them. It keeps my mind and hands occupied.
MVC-778S.JPG
MVC-617S.JPG

Fishing!
20161106_171056.jpg
20160911_085614.jpg

My wife loves it too and is possibly better at it.
FB_IMG_1514825963630.jpg

Your wife is your twin brother? Leafs fans are weird.
Stupid thing posted by accident. I actually wear the Leafs shirt more as joke. I wear it because like the Leafs, I got my *ss kicked every time. I told her if she kept kicking my *ss, I was going to wear face paint and act like a maniac fan at our fishing spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor