What's your winter beater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
What?! That's unheard of around here; must be a Canada thing....

Yeah seriously?! If (and I mean "if") they plow, they throw it right back in your driveway and and write it off as "Eh, good enough for government work".

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
My '96 Roadmaster serves as my daily driver/winter beater...
Finally put the snow tires on it last week!

25508146_10159852540050387_8031246057194806172_n.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Yeah seriously?! If (and I mean "if") they plow, they throw it right back in your driveway and and write it off as "Eh, good enough for government work".
Where I used to live, the road was about 2 miles long with 9 houses on the North side of the road and 1 house on the South side of the road. After a plow-worthy snow would come down, the road comissioner would come through and plow the road over night to have it ready for people to come to work in the morning. The only problem is the would tilt his blade so it would throw all the snow towards the North side of the road. This meant you then had to shovel a path out of your driveway that you could have got out of before, or you would get stuck trying to push through the ice wall that he made for you (even with 4WD).

I am cool about most things but that sh*t gets by blood boiling. Good thing I moved even further into the boondocks...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
you may think it is funny but some of the guys on here don't have AC to turn on or a sun roof to open in the summer and now they have to deal with 4 foot snow drifts along with sub zero temperatures....that heat has turned you into a cruel cruel person...:(

I got to open the window today without fear of flash frostbite on my face.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor