Wheel Fitment Guide

What are th chances of being able to run a 17x9 wheel with 4 7/8" backspacing? I see Year One makes repops of the old WS6 snowflakes. I think they'd look nice on the GP, but the question is whether it will fit on a lowered car. I don't mind rolling fenders if need be, but nothing crazy to make it work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-17x9 ... 4096wt_796

G-Body_Vet said:
What are th chances of being able to run a 17x9 wheel with 4 7/8" backspacing? I see Year One makes repops of the old WS6 snowflakes. I think they'd look nice on the GP, but the question is whether it will fit on a lowered car. I don't mind rolling fenders if need be, but nothing crazy to make it work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-17x9 ... 4096wt_796

I think it's gonna be too much backspacing, but you could get away with some small spacers most likely. It's gonna be kinda tight on the front, just have to watch your tire size.

jrm81bu said:
I think it's gonna be too much backspacing, but you could get away with some small spacers most likely. It's gonna be kinda tight on the front, just have to watch your tire size.

After doing a little reading it seems like 4.5" backspacing is the safe limit without spacers or other anything else.

G-Body_Vet said:
jrm81bu said:

After doing a little reading it seems like 4.5" backspacing is the safe limit without spacers or other anything else.

Yep, that's what i'm running. If you go with a wide enough tire there is a possibility that you could still have some minor sidewall rubbing issues. Again nothing a small spacer wouldn't solve.

jrm81bu said:
Yep, that's what i'm running. If you go with a wide enough tire there is a possibility that you could still have some minor sidewall rubbing issues. Again nothing a small spacer wouldn't solve.

I'll probably go with 235's max on a 45 series tire. I could get away with a 40 if I run 18's, but Chicago streets are terrible and I want a little bit of meat left if I can help it.
It's been a toss up between the Boss 338's in gray or the 17x8 Coys C5 in black chrome. I really like the Coys but I'm debating how I can make the black chrome flow with the car. I found a plating company nearby that can do black chrome so I have some ideas if the cost isn't too bad.
29HBC.jpg

G-Body_Vet said:
I'll probably go with 235's max on a 45 series tire. I could get away with a 40 if I run 18's, but Chicago streets are terrible and I want a little bit of meat left if I can help it.
It's been a toss up between the Boss 338's in gray or the 17x8 Coys C5 in black chrome. I really like the Coys but I'm debating how I can make the black chrome flow with the car. I found a plating company nearby that can do black chrome so I have some ideas if the cost isn't too bad.
29HBC.jpg

Shouldn't have any problems with those tire sizes then. Good choices on the rims, i've been thinking about selling the flat black Coy's I have then getting the black chrome ones.

jrm81bu said:
Shouldn't have any problems with those tire sizes then. Good choices on the rims, i've been thinking about selling the flat black Coy's I have then getting the black chrome ones.

Those wheels have a real sinister look about them. I think they'd look damn good on your car since it's black. I'd have get creative to make them look right on mine. I really like my two tone paint and it's there to stay.

I just cant seem to get any search results on the american racing torqlites shown on page 4 of this topic ....

anyone knows where I can get some ....

enough to say that I went on ar site ...did a google search with some sites to look at ,but none productive .....

by the way , your link doesnt work ! :wink:

• Informative
Reactions: 78 Cutlass

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor