Wheel Fitment Guide

G-Body_Vet said:
Still a little conflicting info about this, so let me ask for opinions. On my GP, lowered 1.5" in the rear, 17x9, 5.5" bs, 1 inch spacer, rolled lip; will a 275/40/17 tuck without rub?

Or....would I be better off with a 17x8 with a 255/40? I want as much width in the rear as possible without resorting to a mini-tub or rear end change.

The first option should work. Especially with the rolled lip. The second optoin will definetly work.

jrm81bu said:
G-Body_Vet said:
Still a little conflicting info about this, so let me ask for opinions. On my GP, lowered 1.5" in the rear, 17x9, 5.5" bs, 1 inch spacer, rolled lip; will a 275/40/17 tuck without rub?

Or....would I be better off with a 17x8 with a 255/40? I want as much width in the rear as possible without resorting to a mini-tub or rear end change.

The first option should work. Especially with the rolled lip. The second optoin will definetly work.

Thanks again. Did you ever have any luck selling your wheels?

I think I found a look that I really like! 275/60/15 in the rear. In the thread he said the rears are 15x8 vette ralleys. I wonder what backspacing they are. I know they sell Poncho rallye II's in 15x8 w/ 4" and 4.5" backspacing. I would probably go with slightly bigger fronts though.

postersize.jpg

Reactions: Willy1
G-Body_Vet said:
jrm81bu said:
G-Body_Vet said:

Thanks again. Did you ever have any luck selling your wheels?

Sure did. We got hooked up through Craigslist, but he ended up being a recent member here also.

G-Body_Vet said:
I guess great minds think alike... :wink:
this picture convinced me earlier in the year to go for that look. I picked up a set of 15x8 Vette Rallys, and then later another set of 15x7s. Had them blasted and powdered Satin Black
DSC03696.jpg

eDSC03701.jpg

this spring, I'm throwing on 275/60s on rear, and 235/60s on the 15x7s on front.
both have 4" backspacing. I plan to run no trim rings, and maybe a suttle center cap if I can find one.

Reactions: Willy1
khan0165 said:
I guess great minds think alike... :wink:
this picture convinced me earlier in the year to go for that look. I picked up a set of 15x8 Vette Rallys, and then later another set of 15x7s. Had them blasted and powdered Satin Black

this spring, I'm throwing on 275/60s on rear, and 235/60s on the 15x7s on front.
both have 4" backspacing. I plan to run no trim rings, and maybe a suttle center cap if I can find one.

I love the look of tucked, monster tires out back. Not quite pro-street wide, but not too much bling from + size wheels. It's got a "all about business" look to it. The nice thing is that I'll have the 455 to go along with it :wink:

Wheel vintiques sells 15x8 Poncho wheels too. So....is 4" the BS to use instead of 4.5"?

I've heard all sorts of theories... Some people say they've run 5" + BS without mods. And here my car struggles at 4".
... I think realisticly... these cars are very inconsistant.
so I try to use between 4" and 4.5" as a general rule... Anything past 4.5" is asking for trouble (depending on tire wall width as well).

the Vette rallys I've got are 4" BS... But you can now buy aftermarket ones with more or less. At 4" the 15x8 still tucks nicely inside the fender skirt. (nice thing about the flared GP quarter panel).

below is a picture of my slicks, mounted on a 15x8 wheel with 3.75" BS... additionally, the tire has a 13" overall width. And to get it to fit, I had to use a 5/8" spacer, brining the overall BS down to almost 3". AND the slicks stick past the fender skirt.
... that being said... I think 275/60s will be no wider than 11", so I should be able to run the 4" BS on my rallys without spacers.
6254_120702886837_505911837_2306497_2024684_n.jpg

6254_120702901837_505911837_2306499_1879758_n.jpg

The section widths on most of the 275's I've seen are between 10-11.2". Are you going with street tires, slicks or drag radials?

Newer style ZQ8 S10 wheels. Tires are BFG g-Sport 245/50/16's. Factory backspacing is claimed at 4.25 and I'm not using any spacers

The front frame has some spots that it looks like the tires have rubbed, but that may be from me grinding thinking that they would rub.
WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper.jpg

Anyone feel like suggesting a wheel? Even since I saw the orange Regal with TTII's on here I wanted to see what I could do. I think I want to do 17x7 in the front and 17x8 in the rear, with a 4" backspacing all around... Stock suspension, eventually plan to upgrade front and rear LS1 brakes.

Here's what I'm tossing around inside my head
Rocket Velocity
RPM-R54-786545.jpg

Rocket Fuel
rpm-r21-566135_w.jpg

Rocket Booster
rpm-r15-776542_w.jpg

American Racing TTII's
are-405576142_w.jpg

I wanted the Summit Legend 5's, but they don't offer them in 17x7's and I think it may be a bit of a struggle to fit a 17x8 with 4" backspacing
SUM-141-7861C0.jpg

Is it just me or is this a really, really, REALLY hard choice :rofl:

G-Body_Vet said:
The section widths on most of the 275's I've seen are between 10-11.2". Are you going with street tires, slicks or drag radials?
yeah, 10-11" is what I've seen too... I don't have the tires yet, so I was going off my judgement of my slicks.
I will be running street tires.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor