Wheel Fitment Guide

my search never gave me that site ....thanks

lots of choice for our cars ...

be happy that your search engine is better then mine !

Re:

jrm81bu said:
all4gss said:
Thanks for the feedback jrm81bu. Could you post a front and rear pic low enough so I could see how the 4.5" bs sticks out?

Have you had any rubbing with the 235/50/17?

Is this what you're looking for? With the front as low as it is the fronts do rub pretty bad.
100_0366.jpg

On the rear, there is plenty of room. I even put on 1" spacers and there was no clearance issues. This pic is without the spacers.
100_0367.jpg

And another side shot for the hell of it. Kinda shows how low the front is.
100_0368.jpg

so wouldn't a 4.5 inch bs wheel with a 1" spacer equal a 5.5" bs wheel?

nope it would be 3.5" back spacing

Re: Re:

SumoBu said:
so wouldn't a 4.5 inch bs wheel with a 1" spacer equal a 5.5" bs wheel?

bigdan said:
nope it would be 3.5" back spacing

bigdan is right. The spacer pushes the wheel out farther so it simulates a 3.5 in backspace rim.

my 82 supreme with 18 x 9.5" 01-04 Z06 wheels 57mm offset currently 245/45r18 with 2.5" spacers

Attachments

• z06 lr.jpg
    z06 lr.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,917
  • z06 lf.jpg
    z06 lf.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2,611
pontiacgp said:
BMW wheels don't fit the G body properly. The BMW wheel studs are 5 x 12.0.....G body's wheel studs are 5 x 12.8. When you torque the wheel nuts the wheel stud will be stressed...

You must have missed the part about how I'm running hubcentric dual pattern adapters to correct this . . .

This is who I got mine from, they were great to deal with:
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

-matt

Still a little conflicting info about this, so let me ask for opinions. On my GP, lowered 1.5" in the rear, 17x9, 5.5" bs, 1 inch spacer, rolled lip; will a 275/40/17 tuck without rub?

Or....would I be better off with a 17x8 with a 255/40? I want as much width in the rear as possible without resorting to a mini-tub or rear end change.

What's the section width on that 275/40? I've got 245/40-17 in the rear, as far out in the wheelwell as I would go with a rolled lip, and I've got roughly 1.5" to the frame, so I'd be comfortable with another 1.25" or so of section width.

-matt

monteboy84 said:
What's the section width on that 275/40? I've got 245/40-17 in the rear, as far out in the wheelwell as I would go with a rolled lip, and I've got roughly 1.5" to the frame, so I'd be comfortable with another 1.25" or so of section width.

-matt

I think it's 10.6" IIRC. I know it's pushing it with a 10" tire, but I'll run something narrower if I have to.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor