Wheel Fitment Guide

Ok guys I read all the posts on this thread but didn't really see an answer to my question. I have an '81 Regal and I want to go to a larger rear tire. I want to go to a 275/60/15 M/T ET Street Drag. I have Weld Prostars on there now and I'm wondering what size rim width and backspacing to make them work if they'll work at all. any help will be appreciated as I live in BFIOWA and there is no tire stores around to pick their brains. Thanks again for any help!!

doorslamminregal said:
Ok guys I read all the posts on this thread but didn't really see an answer to my question. I have an '81 Regal and I want to go to a larger rear tire. I want to go to a 275/60/15 M/T ET Street Drag. I have Weld Prostars on there now and I'm wondering what size rim width and backspacing to make them work if they'll work at all. any help will be appreciated as I live in BFIOWA and there is no tire stores around to pick their brains. Thanks again for any help!!

I'm pretty sure a 275/60/15 will work with an 8 inch wide 4.5 inch backspaced weld pro star. I had this on my car until I swapped out the rearend for a 12 bolt out of a 68 chevelle and had to go to a 5.5 inch backspaced pro star. There is also a tool that you can get from summit or jegs that will give you the backspacing and everything, I think it's around 80 bucks though.

I Have Corvette rallys (15x8)on the rear and 15x7 rallys on the front of my 1980 Regal. 235/60 on the front and 255/60 rear. stock suspension although I think my 32 year old coils probably have the car sagging a little. I've worn out my rear tires and REALLY want to go to a 275/60 street tire in the rear. so I'm wondering if anyone has ever fit a 275/60 on a 8" rim with 4" b/s on their G body and if so can you post a quick pic! i have a pair of 1/4" spacers set aside that I can use if needed but I'm worried about buying the tires and then not being able to make them work. I have a g/n 8.5" 10 bolt if that makes any difference or not, I'm not sure.

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

driv3.jpg

driv2.jpg

driv1.jpg

pass3.jpg

pass1.jpg

pass2.jpg

hoping i can get some solid proof that a 275/60/15 with 4" b/s will fit (or not fit) just so i can figure out what tires to buy!

I have the exact same wheel combo, 8" and 7" blacked out Vette Rallys, on my 83 GP

I bought 275/60R17 drag radials for the rear
the rear frame rails have been replaced in the past, so backspace is tight. The tires are also quite tall, they kiss the fender skirt going over bumps.

here's how they fit without spacers
DSC09781.jpg

DSC09783.jpg

here's how they fit with 3/8" spacers
DSC09786.jpg

DSC09791.jpg

they are close to the fender skirt
DSC09789.jpg

I know many people who have used similar tires with much success, but not so in my case. I'm also considering that Drag Radials are softer and bulge more when inflated, but it's still very tight

here's a picture of a 275/60R15 street tires on my GP; you can how little potential for suspension travel
Pictures800.jpg

Pictures801.jpg

I'm going to try rolling my fender skirts, but I have my doubts that'll help any. I have to find someone to buy my new Drag Radials, because I think I will need to step down to 255/60R15s like yours

So if I understand correctly a 15x10 rim with 3.75" BS and -44mm offset and a 15x10 with 4.25" BS and -32mm offset will fit the same but have a slightly different look. Just wanna triple check.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8407284.118311.100000151724710&type=3&theater

American Racing AR61 Outlaws, 15X7 front and rear, 3.75 inch backspacing, Cooper Cobra 235/60R15 front, 295/50R15 rear. On the front they just barely rub the Hooker Headers for the 455 at full lock if I didn't have those they would clear no problem, on the rear I had to roll the lip on the wheel well up just a bit. With the original worn out springs the rubbed just a bit on a big bump in the rear.

Does anyone have on there Monte SS 18x8 in the front and 20x9.5 in the rear.If not would anyone be able to tell what back spacing i will have to use for those size wheels.What height can i go with in front and rear the car will be lowered about 3 inches in front and 2 in the rear.I want a little tuck in front and the rear to sit just above the tire look.

I'm in need of knowing if a set of 255/50/17's will fit on the stock rear of my 1986 monte on a set of 17" x 8" wheels with 4.5 backspacing and lowered 2" all round . I'm wanting to run 17" x 8 wheels on all 4 corners with 4.5" backspacing 245/45/17 up front if the 255/50's don't fit on the rear I guess 245/45 's all round and 2" drop springs all round. I want the 27.1" big tire cause i got a th350 and plan on going to 3.42 gear and keep the rpm's down a lil and a nice hot rod look, rake , so will it fit without spacers or will it rub? Oh yea these are my only options with the tire sizes unless i run a 7" wide up front then smaller tire ugh.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor