Wheel Fitment Guide

I have an 81 monte carlo im trying to decide on yhe right wheel for the car ide like to fill the wheel wells as much as i could, i have a set of m/t sportsmans 275 60 15 rear and 225 60 15 front but i was wondering if anyone had any experience or advice when it came to fitting rims for this car.

I currently have 275-60-15 nitto drag radials on weld pro star 15x8 with 3.5"BS roughly 1/2" clearance on inside frame rail, had to roll the lip so sidewall didnt get cut up. I have 15x4 skinnies in the front. Im upgrading to c6 brakes in front and need to run an 18" wheel to clear the brakes. Anyone out there running 18's that could provide some wheel data? I basically want to still run a 275 in the rear and something that doesnt rub up front. From my best guess rear rim would have to be 9.5" wide to fit a 275 nicely and correct me if im wrong but to retain the same backspacing I would need to have an offset of -44mm. Tire size would need to be somewhere around 275-40-18 to clear everything properly. As far as the front is concerned Im thinking 245-45-18 tires on 18x8 wheels with 0mm offset which would put me at 4.5" backspacing. I used the rimsntires web site http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp to get to my conclusion. Does anyone see any problems with the sizes I have chosen? Wheels and tires are a real PITA not just finding the ones that you like, but trying to get something to fit that is not even close to what these cars came with as OE. :blam:

I have a question for you guys, and I am hoping you will be able to help me out and give me some answers. First off, I have an 87 Cutlass Supreme 4-door. I will be ordering a set of 15x7's with 3.75" backspacing and -6mm of offset. This is currently my daily driver so I am looking for tires that would fit my car without any rubbing or clearance problems. I wanted to run 245/60/15 in the rear but I haven't been able to figure out what the biggest tire I could use in the front would be? Also what size tire would be best to run on all 4 wheels, in case I decide that i don't want to have different size tires in front and back.

Thanks

I used to run 15x7 with 3.75 backspace with 235/60-15 all the way around on my elky that was slightly lowered without a problem 😀

please help guys ran into a problem!!!!!I love these wheels but having fitment issues.they are 18x10 enkei sst-2's.from what i know these wheels are hard to come by.anyway i believe the bs on them is 5.75 so do i need 1 1/4 inch spacer to make em fit?!?!?!that would make it the 4.5 that everyone is saying would work......here go some pics

2011-09-05181431.jpg

2011-09-05181550.jpg

2011-09-05181328.jpg

2011-04-09142233.jpg

This thread is by far the most helpful thing I came across when looking for what would fit my 85 Cutlass. I pretty much got all the info I needed here and then some, like the backspacing and different fitments of my car. THX EVERYBODY!

Here's my car's progression through wheels and tires. Will probably be putting rally's on the car next summer painted to match the car for street duties.

245/50 BFG g-Sport tires on ZQ8 S10 wheels all the way around, 16x8 with something like 3.75-4.25bs

WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper.jpg

225/50 Nitto NT555's up front and 245/50 Nitto NT555R drag radials in the rear on 2nd set of ZQ8's
IMAG0274.jpg

205/70/15's on 15x4 Weld Prostars and 275/60/15 MT drag radials on the rear, 4.5bs with a 7/16" spacer (no rubbing at stock height)
utf-8BSU1BRzAzNjguanBn.jpg

I have an 86 cutlass that im wanting to run a staggered set of 20s on . my question is am i able to run a 20x10 inch wheel with a 2 inch lip and a 45 offset,and if so,is there any modifications required. the wheels are black status knight and they are originally for a 2010 camaro.any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks

dhow82 said:
I have an 86 cutlass that im wanting to run a staggered set of 20s on . my question is am i able to run a 20x10 inch wheel with a 2 inch lip and a 45 offset,and if so,is there any modifications required. the wheels are black status knight and they are originally for a 2010 camaro.any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks

If you mean a +45 offset then no.

backspacing-chart2.gif

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor