Wheel Fitment Guide

I'm running 255/65/15's on the rear now with a set of ol 80's camaro wheels with i'm pretty sure 4.2 backspacing i got a lil tire rub on the fender wells from dips and stuff from the road. So I'm assuming with the 2" drop and a set of 255/50/17's I'm gonna be in the same polished fender spots, so I guess I've answered my own question.

badlad said:
I'm running 255/65/15's on the rear now with a set of ol 80's camaro wheels with i'm pretty sure 4.2 backspacing i got a lil tire rub on the fender wells from dips and stuff from the road. So I'm assuming with the 2" drop and a set of 255/50/17's I'm gonna be in the same polished fender spots, so I guess I've answered my own question.

I think you are right, that 255/50R17 has a smaller diameter, but with that 2" drop there might be some issues...
http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalcul ... ion=submit

Yea can only buy em once don't wanna get a set and be screwed guess i can have a benefit of tire rotation. Or if money allows have the other options of tire brands and sizes, just moved and all gonna have a garage I'm stoked about that. But hey I thank you greatly with your response.

Just wondering if anyone on this thread is using, or considering, a rear disk brake conversion and how it will affect wheel fitment. I have a rear with a camaro disk brake conversion and I am wondering what wheels will/will not fit on this set up....any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

I have an chance to buy 4 17 x 9 Cragar Soft 8's with 285/40/17 tires with a 5 backspacing. Will they fit on a 1981 Buick regal? They were on a 75 chevelle my buddy had but I hate to drive 6 hours to get them if they won't fit.

I have a set of crager 255/60/15 for rear of 79 Malibu it's raised up a little but will there be issues with rubbing on fender wheels or any problems if I hit bumps? Is there a tad bit small tire that will fit on my 15x8 rim a little better ? Oh ya bs is 2 3/4 inch- deep dish .

Hey guys. Decided instead of putting new tires on my 15's I'm gonna re-finish my dads old trans am wheels. They basically look like these, but with a black face and chrome lip, and I'm gonna fill in the little Pontiac lettering on the spoke.

85transam2.jpg

Anyways, they are basically a GTA wheel,

16x8"
4.75" front back spacing
5.25" rear back spacing
4.75" bolt pattern.

I tried putting them on today for fitment, both the front and rear wheels hit the top control arm. The rear hit less though. I read online you can put the rear rim on the front with a 5/16" spacer and the front rim on the rear with no spacer. I'm not sure exactly what size spacer though, anybody have any details or experience with this? Also, I'm thinking a 255/50/16 tire on the back compared to the 275/60/15, what do you guys think? Also how does a 205/50/16 compared to a 235/60/15 sound to you guys?

Kwik_Cutty88 said:
I tried putting them on today for fitment, both the front and rear wheels hit the top control arm. The rear hit less though. I read online you can put the rear rim on the front with a 5/16" spacer and the front rim on the rear with no spacer. I'm not sure exactly what size spacer though, anybody have any details or experience with this? Also, I'm thinking a 255/50/16 tire on the back compared to the 275/60/15, what do you guys think? Also how does a 205/50/16 compared to a 235/60/15 sound to you guys?

205/50/16 tires are incredibly small. Very small sidewall height. That tire size is made more for sport compact type cars.
Those tires are 24" tall, compared to your current 26" tall tire.
A 235 is as narrow as I would go on an 8" wide rim like that. 235/55/16 would fit that wheel good, and keep the same overall tire height at 26". You could also put a 225/55/16, which is made more for a 7.5" wide wheel, but would still fit. It's about 1/4" shorter, and there's a good selection of tires in that size.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor