Wheel Spacers or Frame Notching

Status
Not open for further replies.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
on my malibu im using a stock gbody width ford 9 with 17x9.5 with 5inch backspace on 275/40/17 and its lowered 1inch with no rubbing or issues. no frame notch or trimming of the fender wells.
if it was me i would look for 17's wheel with a 5inch backspace and dont do a frame notch or go with a 4.5 and trim the fender well.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
on my malibu im using a stock gbody width ford 9 with 17x9.5 with 5inch backspace on 275/40/17 and its lowered 1inch with no rubbing or issues. no frame notch or trimming of the fender wells.
if it was me i would look for 17's wheel with a 5inch backspace and dont do a frame notch or go with a 4.5 and trim the fender well.
What rims did you go with? The fronts I want 17x8 and 17x9.5 on the rear. was really looking for wheels that are gun metal.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor