Where did all the condensers go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Si Senor, we in TX do belong to MX! All that stuff is made on the "Mainland" (China). Got AC Delco brake parts for my CTS (Mexico/China/India)

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Try 813-993-1229 originalair.com If you are going to go thru the pain of taking the lid off, might as well do the Heater core too. I bought a kit for the foam seals, not worth it since all the foam stuff can be bought at your local hardware store. Try and save the upper part of the seal, that was the only useful seal in the kit and I used only the upper portion of it since i didn't unseal the bottom part of the box. The foam on the condenser is from a shop vac washable air filter foam also from LO..... There could be 4 clips that hold it to the condenser and they just push thru the fins. I lost one, still haven't found it. As uyou may have already looked there are a gazzilion screws to remove and cussing/tugging to get the top off but it will come off. Good luck.
a

before you close it up I would remove the heater core and add some solder where the tubes meet the core. There usually isn't much holding the tubes on and I found that out when mine started leaking at that joint a few weeks after installing it.

1600382132381-png.157419

Reactions: 3 users

OldHurst

n00b
Feb 1, 2019
Spectra Premium declared bankruptcy in March and as part of restructuring decided to exit many aftermarket product lines. One user posted a reference to "factory" as in a manufacturing plant but what the parts store was referring to is Factory Air who is an AC/cooling parts manufacturer. I work for AutoPlus and we moved to APDI for AC Condensers.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
Is there a vehicle with a similar size condenser that would work? Was thinking of putting a system from a 90s model chevrolet c1500 in and curious of any potential issues other than hoses?

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Now that I'm restoring the AC on my '78 Monte, I found this thread while searching for a condenser and figured I'd comment on it. I finally found a condenser on EBay; seller is ccsautoparts in South Gate California, $299 + tax. It seems that the only other option is from Summit for $199 but you need to get the measurements and possibly modify the mounting. You'll also have to make hoses connect with a hose kit that will cost you an extra $125 or so.

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Is there a vehicle with a similar size condenser that would work? Was thinking of putting a system from a 90s model Chevrolet c1500 in and curious of any potential issues other than hoses?
My research found a comment somewhere that said a 1991 Camaro/Firebird condenser will fit. It may take modifying the hose connections. If that's true, it may be that '85-'92 Camaro/Firebird will work as well. I didn't want to take the chance and time to try it.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Now that I'm restoring the AC on my '78 Monte, I found this thread while searching for a condenser and figured I'd comment on it. I finally found a condenser on EBay; seller is ccsautoparts in South Gate California, $299 + tax. It seems that the only other option is from Summit for $199 but you need to get the measurements and possibly modify the mounting. You'll also have to make hoses connect with a hose kit that will cost you an extra $125 or so.
Is your new condenser a parallel flow? can you please post a pic?

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Is your new condenser a parallel flow? can you please post a pic?
I just ordered it yesterday, due in by August 3. Yes, parallel flow. I'll post pics and updates when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor