Where did this come from????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
This clip / ring is from somewhere on my monte carlo ss but I am not sure where. I would really like to reinstall it in it's proper home. I think it possibly came from the shift linkage that goes from the trans up to the steering column but am not sure. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20211114_232419368.jpg
    PXL_20211114_232419368.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 136

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Funny but it sure looks like that rubber gasket that sits under the door lock assembly for my Monte. Same sort of three ears or tabs located randomly so it only fits in place one way because the hole in the door is punched to match. if it is metal then it could be part of the actual tumbler and casing assembly; someone take a tumbler set apart to harvest the guts?

Nick

Last edited:

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I've owned the car since 97 and never had the lock cylinders out or apart. I did however have the glove box lock apart yrs ago. It is metal and I found it on the ground by the shift linkage and that's why I thought it may have been from that. It's a 3/8" extension in the picture. Thanks for the help

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Picture of GM door lock guts. There are 6 brass wafers and springs only one of each shown.

GM Door Lock.jpg

All I can say is it looks like a spring retainer for something. I don't think it came from a transmission or shifter linkage on a G body.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Another picture from the side or at a 45- degree angle will reveal that the the three lips are not flat like the lock cylinder gasket, but bend upwards. It looks like metal - brass or bronze? Still thinking where I’ve seen something like this.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
steering column part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor