Where do the plugs go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcnult1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2016
Ok so I have a 1986 Regal Limited 307 Roller motor. I am trying to figure out where these plugs are supposed to go before i cut them as i am stripping the ECM and installing non CC Carb. The big one with the blue red and light blue wire is connected to the small black negative cable on the Alternator and then it goes into the fire wall behind and under the Brake booster.

The plug with the black and green wire is on the passenger side and was just hanging near the headers. It runs down towards the distributor and enters into a "T" shaped wire terminal. It is melted and ruined but i want to make sure i can cut it off or if i should find another plug.

I have spent the better half of 6 hours probing forums and google images trying to figure out where those two plugs are supposed to be hooked to and never found anything. Did Buick/Oldsmobile just use a generic wiring harness for everything which left certain plugs unused?
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG

Also on the picture of the plug that is in the manifold near the Alternator with the black and yellow wire, that was connected to the ECM. Is that the temperature sensor or is that other plug next to it, what is that plug and how will it not being connected to an ECM effect me? Thanks for the help!

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The black and green wire with the melted connector is for the A/C compress or and that goes to the square connector by the pass side of the distributor.
The wiring under the brake booster is the harness for the cruise control to the grey connector in one of the other pictures.
I see you still have the original distributor, when deleting the ccc carb the distributor needs to be changed also it's an all or nothing deal. The wiring to the ecm and ecm can the be deleted, will not affect the gauges, this is a common concern.

amcnult1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2016
The black and green wire with the melted connector is for the A/C compress or and that goes to the square connector by the pass side of the distributor.
The wiring under the brake booster is the harness for the cruise control to the grey connector in one of the other pictures.
I see you still have the original distributor, when deleting the ccc carb the distributor needs to be changed also it's an all or nothing deal. The wiring to the ecm and ecm can the be deleted, will not affect the gauges, this is a common concern.
Thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply. I can't seem to find where the cruise control plug goes into, I just don't see any connectors.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The part that the grey connector plugs into is not in the pictures. There is a bracket that bolts to the thermostat housing and alt bracket with a rubber diaphragm on it for the cruise. The other end of that wiring harness goes to a black box right above the gas pedal.

amcnult1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2016
The part that the grey connector plugs into is not in the pictures. There is a bracket that bolts to the thermostat housing and alt bracket with a rubber diaphragm on it for the cruise. The other end of that wiring harness goes to a black box right above the gas pedal.
well I guess that I am missing the cruise control box. Thanks again for you help, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor