HELP Where to purchase sway bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I really like the Hellwig adjustable stuff. Did you do a search on this forum? This question has been asked many times.

71nlkmz8eQL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
There's more than just the sway bar portion to gained by changing to a tubular or boxed arm,like ungn says those stockers flex around the bushing area and cause wheel hop.even when boxing the original ones they're still a very thin flimsy arm.if nothing else consider how old those bushings in the arms are.a lot of times that alone can be problematic.the pro touring bar design is far superior to the factory bar that ties the control arm together.I'm running an adjustable pro tour bar and i love it.

83reeeegal

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2017
for my 87 el camino
I'm looking at sway bar upgrades. The rear does not have one. Yet

I'm looking for options

Where can I get complete sway bar kits for this car
you should hit up timo22 man, he has the f41 sway bars goin for a good price

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
My 2cents = I drove my 82 El Camino with factory 1 1/4"F and 3/4"R bars for 8 years(1997-2005)and the LCA's did not fall apart. My two concessions were to make 1" diameter aluminum sleeves fitted inside the rear LCA's to support the thru bolts and using Energy Suspension polyurethane hardware in the front. Similar setup on my current Cutlass(1 1/4" F and 7/8" R bar). I think you will notice an appreciable difference with the F41 stuff. That being said, I suspect a Pro Touring style rear bar would still work better due to its attachment method. By the way- love the wheel/tire combo, considered those wheels myself.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
you should hit up timo22 man, he has the f41 sway bars goin for a good price

I did
I'm waiting for his reply
My 2cents = I drove my 82 El Camino with factory 1 1/4"F and 3/4"R bars for 8 years(1997-2005)and the LCA's did not fall apart. My two concessions were to make 1" diameter aluminum sleeves fitted inside the rear LCA's to support the thru bolts and using Energy Suspension polyurethane hardware in the front. Similar setup on my current Cutlass(1 1/4" F and 7/8" R bar). I think you will notice an appreciable difference with the F41 stuff. That being said, I suspect a Pro Touring style rear bar would still work better due to its attachment method. By the way- love the wheel/tire combo, considered those wheels myself.

When u guys say pro touring style control arms. Any particular brand?
Is the bmr brand working on the g bodies?

I like the company and I've had good results in the past using there stuff

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When u guys say pro touring style control arms. Any particular brand?
Is the bmr brand working on the g bodies?

I like the company and I've had good results in the past using there stuff

Pro touring Style rear sway bar, not LCA's. LCA's are LCA's. A Pro-touring style rear sway bar is one that doesn't bolt to the LCA's like the factory bar.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I think I have a good rear bar coming soon
I will be scooping up some lower arms soon too. If I can find used ones I'll go that route

Any body have used lower arms for sale for the back of a el camino

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
My El Camino I used factory style rear sway bar with umi tubular lowers arms. Then 36mm fbody front sway bar.
My Malibu has a front 40mm sway bar from addco suspension then a umi pro touring sway bar setup for rear. Both my gbodys are street cars just the Malibu is more setup for handling around corners than the el camino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor