which body bushings should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jiho said:
Why, then, did GM feel the need to spell this out in more recent manuals, where they didn't back in the '80s?

because back in the 80's people had common sense and we accepted rational explanations. They didn't put a warning that the coffee was hot on take out cups either

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
pontiacgp said:
jiho said:
Why, then, did GM feel the need to spell this out in more recent manuals, where they didn't back in the '80s?

because back in the 80's people had common sense and we accepted rational explanations. They didn't put a warning that the coffee was hot on take out cups either

Haha aint that the truth!! :rofl:

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
pontiacgp said:
because back in the 80's people had common sense and we accepted rational explanations.

Very clever. Was GM offering either with any consistency?

I had to resolve this to my own satisfaction some other way, as any reasonable person would recognize considering what I was looking at on the car.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
BTW ve3oky, that is a nice looking Regal.

I came very close to buying a '79 Sport Coupe, but bailed and hung on to this ratty '83 Malibu instead. The early Regal has an even less aerodynamic nose, but it's one of my favorite A/G-bodies.

This Malibu is a very slow-moving project. Lots of time for nit-picking, not much else to talk about.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just removed my front lower control arms to modify them so I can use screw in ball joints and the Energy bushings are in perfect shape after 4 summers of daily driving and hard driving at some points... :)

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
pontiacgp said:
I just removed my front lower control arms to modify them so I can use screw in ball joints and the Energy bushings are in perfect shape after 4 summers of daily driving and hard driving at some points... :)

Thats good to know about the bushings!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have to change the bushings cause some idiot (me) didn't install the bolts with anti seize so I had to sawzall the bolts to get one side out and that damaged the bushings. The metal sleeve for the bolts was still very tight in the bushing and I had to use a drift punch with a hammer to tap it out, the bushings were very tight in the housing so they appeaeds to be as good as when I installed them. I have 670 lbs spring rate up front so there is more pressure on the bushings when the suspension is compressing than on a car with the stock spring rate.

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Just an update. I did get the body bushings installed. Southern cars are the way to go zero rust on the cutlass. A two post lift is your friend for jobs like these worked good when i did the ones on my truck also.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Ok, read all the threads here and need a simple answer for my new to me '78 monte... Can the energy suspension bushings be bought as a complete kit?(correct bolts, etc).... I have the PST Poly's on my chevelle... Work fine but very stiff... The monte I'd like to have a firm but not harsh ride... Many on Chevelle site actually use all rubber bushings along with aftermarket suspension upgrades and like them, too...

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor