which Monte long tube ceramic coated headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badlad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I bought a set of Hooker comp 2451-1HKR and they hit the frame a lil on the passenger side I think it was # 6 primary tube, and the bottom lower A arm bracket thats welded to the frame on the driver side. So I called summit told em the situation and that I just put in new motor mounts cause it was worse, anywho they sent another set and one was dull and both had rust in em primary tubes, so called again trying to give me some hedman 68316 headers 1/12 primaries, no too small. So all the searching on the summit headers for my car I realized just now that my old trusty 30$ headers are flowtechs or they look like the rounded flanges like the ones i'm thinkin bout getting, so I'm thinking about the Flowtech Headers 31104FLT, and get over $100 credit for more stuff and will they clear my steering lock mech like the other ones? Or should I get Summit Racing Street & Strip® Metallic-Ceramic Coated Headers SUM-G9101, or Flowtech Afterburner Headers 49100-1FLT, or Patriot Tri-5 Headers H8047-1. I'm leaning towards the Flowtech Headers 31104FLT! By the way I ground the lower A arm corners down and massaged the frame and the upper A arms as well. Let me know what you awesome g-uys think.

Take a look at the Hedman 68608, they have the larger tubes and fit great. I bought a set of the long tube flowtech afterburners and they hit the bottom of the floor on the driver side so never even tryed the passenger side, i sent them back. The hedmans are mid lenght but i believe they will do everything the long tubes will do. I put them on my car and they fit very nice, a quality product.

I kinda figured the afterburners would be a prob, but I need full length headers, tired of fighting my exhaust around under there.

I just installed a set of the ceramic coated hooker comp 2415-1HKR headers. Had to install them from the bottom of course. Only fitment issues were passenger side hit the top of control arm just a tad, nothing a grinder couldnt fix and driver side hits the oil pressure sensor which can be fixed with an elbow. other than those minor bits they look and fit great!

I don't know what the deal was with the one's I had. I sent them back to Summit and got a header back dual exhaust kit without mufflers, and some other goodies i needed. Just cleaned up my old headers and painted them with a couple cans of VHT. I'll try another set of headers next tax return. Thanks for the info G-uy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor