Which mufflers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket said:
I've run Cherry Bomb Turbo's, Cherry Bomb Vortex, Flowmaster 40's and 44's over the years and liked the sounds from all.
I have a complete Pypes system i haven't installed yet with their Violator mufflers that look really nice but don't know what they sound like yet.
Those Violator muffs are LOUD. I have them on my Monte, 355 with long tubes and X pipe.

Blue86Monte said:
Rocket said:
I've run Cherry Bomb Turbo's, Cherry Bomb Vortex, Flowmaster 40's and 44's over the years and liked the sounds from all.
I have a complete Pypes system i haven't installed yet with their Violator mufflers that look really nice but don't know what they sound like yet.
Those Violator muffs are LOUD. I have them on my Monte, 355 with long tubes and X pipe.

Perfect! :mrgreen:

x2 on Ritter's suggestion, the PO of my car put on Cherry Bomb turbo's and it sounds louder than stock but is still kinda mild since I have the 305 still I don't wanna attract attention 8)

I was planning on making it an SS clone so I wanted tailpipes out under the rear bumper, if I decide to leave it a standard Monte I think tailpipes out behind each rear tire? Like a GN.

Put the mufflers on yesterday, still no tailpipes but atleast it's quiet enough to drive now.. I am very happy with the sound of the Dynomax mufflers, kind of quiet but still a deep rumble, I am thinking its going to sound really good with tailpipes, I love the "cammy" sound!!

I'm not loving my 40's, a bit too loud at idle. I hear the thrush's are nice and quiet at idle and get loud when you gas it. anyone?

These Dynomax look very similar to those, not a welded case muffler just a regular muffler. It is louder at an idle than it is driving about 30-40 mph almost no drone even with no tailpipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor