Which Plug Wires and Crimper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
shop around,some kits have multi angle boots on the plug end with them.I run taylor wires and assemble them with a ebay knock off ratcheting tool.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I always get the cut to fit wires, I have MSD on the Regal and Accel Pro 25 on the Monte but for any wire set I always use my ratcheting MSD Pro crimper and they come out perfect and factory looking every time. I like that it also has interchangeable jaws so you can crimp other terminals, not cheap but if you use enough it pays for itself.

I like the look of those, plus all the other dies you can get for them.

Reactions: 1 user

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
When I had my 83 Chevy rollback with the 454 and headers on it i use the beldon wires for a 1974 Monte Carlo with a 454 and they all came with 90° ends for the plugs and with HEI distributor

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I used the stock style AC delco wires on my 403 no problems but I try to keep my 77 salon mostly stock

I use stock wires too with Ebay heat boots. Those aftermarket low resistance plug wires are mostly gimmick. The wire resistance doesn't really matter as the spark energy does not travel through it. Instead the spark enegry travels through the EM field surrounding the wire. Basically you are paying more money for wires that shield EMI and RFI worse than stockers, not good for computer controlled engines.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I made mine from scratch.
A bulk roll of 10 mm Taylor Spiro Pro wire,a couple of different angle boot and terminal kits and a ratcheting crimp tool and I measured them for going around the back of the block,rather than over the valve covers.
I think they turned out very well and look good to.I used a set of Moroso Super looms to keep them seperated.
Last year I took every wire off and measured the OHM per foot resistance,and every wire was dead on the factory rated 350 OHM/ft.
IMG_0223.JPG

Guy

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I just bought MSD 5551 from Advance Auto for $28 and change out the door. Street Fire, spiral core, black, straight boot.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I had the multi angle spark plugs wires from mad and really liked them. After several times on and off the piece inside that holds thier shape would break. I switched to taylors and will probably never buy anything else

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Because my wires are 13 mm with the Pro sleeves on them I run them over the valve covers, I also want them somewhat isolated from the engine and each other.

IMG_1382.JPG

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I used to be a service tech for a company that serviced the ACCEL plant near Hartford. They ran a quality operation and the place was always spotless.
ACCEL was their performance brand and if memory serves, their everyday brand was Eckland. Funny thing was that a lot of the ACCEL stuff was just rebranded Eckland product. They weren't selling cheap ACCEL stuff. The Eckland stuff was just that good. For instance, the ACCEL Supercoil was a repackaged 50k volt Eckland coil.

I used the coils and wires for years and never had issue.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor