Who drives your car other than you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Do you guys let anyone else drive your car? If yes, then why? And if no, then why? Do you have anyone that you want to ride with you that won't?

My 'yes' answer is my car has been driven twice by my son when it had the 4.8 in it (last year).

My no answer is because of how it drives - on the street it's stupid laggy, but then a moment in time occurs and it's not ;) . When that moment occurs the driver needs to be ready for that or mayhem will most likely ensue hehe.

I've tried to get my wife to ride in it, but haven't had any luck with that yet lol.

How about you?

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I don't have specific or "hard and fast" rules.

I do have a few caveats:
1. If you spun wrenches on it you can drive it.
2. If I trust you, you can drive it; and
3. If you had my children and fund my habit you can drive it.

My biggest concern is with people who lack understanding or mechanical sympathy for things that are not simply appliances.

I let my brother in law drive the Kitty a few weeks ago. It was far and away the most powerful thing he'd ever been in or driven. But, I was there and he was responsible.

It's just a car... and not sharing your toys makes you a bit of a d*ck.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
My wife has drove the Monte. She doesn't really like it because she said " it is touchy and all of sudden it goes". She has never been in the Century yet, but kids ride in it from time to time. The Nova, my four year old son and my Mother are the only ones that have road with me.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Like MHmike said. If you can turn the wrench we are good, I will add that anyone who drives it knows that with no heartache "we" fix what "we" broke then you can have the keys and we will laugh about it later. But again my heap is no show queen for a reason.

Answer is 3. 2 built it with me. 3rd wishes he was there. Wife not on the list

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've tried to get my brother to drive it as he loves cars but he wants nothing to do with it.can't get him to go for a ride either.which suck$ because he's been there from the beginning.sister in law has no issue jumping in it but he's all set w/it.my buddy's driven it and w/the car's he's built i have zero reservations about him.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
One friend has driven it about two decades ago when it was much slower. I showed my wife and my son how to drive a stick in it. No one else has ever driven it. Main reason is if I damage it, I can only blame myself.... wouldn't take much for someone that doesn't know the car, or how to use a better handling, higher hp car, to wreck it.

• Agree

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
" it is touchy and all of sudden it goes"
Yup. And I don't want anyone, especially my wife, to get hurt in it because the driving experience and situation changed in a blink of an eye.

And I definitely don't want anyone to ever worry about breaking my pos lol.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't even trust myself to drive my cars, let alone someone else

• Haha

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I would let my son drive my Malibu. He's cut from the same cloth as me. He's drove my RoadMaster. He has an extremely fast bike and I've been with him in his Beemer at just over 140 and he handles it with the attention it deserves. My wife has driven my RoadMaster Wagon when I had it only a few times. She says she feels too nervous that something will happen to it when she's driving it. She prefers not to drive any of my cars However, she enjoys riding in them. As a matter of fact, we will be heading to a pretty good car show in a few hours. It really helps having a Wife who supports my Habit.

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Back when I was still living in Pittsburgh I used to let my buddy who helped to wrench on the cars to drive them & I drove his too. Now, unless they are an inspection mechanic, no one drives them. Hell, I think the wife has only driven the truck 3 or 4 times in the 3.5 years we've owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor