Who drives your car other than you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I don't have specific or "hard and fast" rules.

I do have a few caveats:
1. If you spun wrenches on it you can drive it.
2. If I trust you, you can drive it; and
3. If you had my children and fund my habit you can drive it.

My biggest concern is with people who lack understanding or mechanical sympathy for things that are not simply appliances.

I let my brother in law drive the Kitty a few weeks ago. It was far and away the most powerful thing he'd ever been in or driven. But, I was there and he was responsible.

It's just a car... and not sharing your toys makes you a bit of a d*ck.
The only person allowed to drive my car or truck is my wife. My kids may be able to drive my truck when they're old enough. I don't share my toys as I paid for them and have to fix them. I also don't share my wife as she is my toy to play with.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
I don't even drive it so nobody else is either!

I think I scared my kids in it enough times that they won't want to anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
The wife won't even ride in my cars, much less drive them. I do have a few friends that I would let drive, but they have their own hotrods, so I'm good.:ROFLMAO:

Now you should see the grin on the kids face when I take it for an inspection... I can see them run up front to the desk when i pull the GN up to the front door. I guess whoever gets the keys, gets to drive, lol. luckily for me, they don't leave the parking lot while "road testing" the brakes.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
NO ONE. It's a manual transmission!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor