Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
These are a SUV
1558134535208.png
1558135352676.png
1558135281893.png
1558135595684.png
1558135656355.png

Nobody makes a real SUV anymore, I see CUV meaning Costly Useless Vehicle.
How many "SUV's/CUV's" out there are really a utility vehicle? They are not designed to go off road, most are car based, has too much luxuary to be a utility. They are just cash cow status symbols for most people who are lucky enough to get outdoors just to jump in to drive.

Attachments

• 1558135507901.png
    1558135507901.png
    692.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Our friend called her GMC abomination, whatever it is, a truck. My wife corrected her and called it a Soccer Mom Mobile. Every vehicle I drive is unique, the Dakota is a necessary evil, 6 months of Winter till I get a second AWD Challenger, then bye bye.

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I like useful vehicles. They make the most sense at my house. No hate here.

Nov 4, 2012
I like certain ones. I like my dad's CX-5. Mostly because you'd never know it was a CUV if you didn't look behind you. It drives and feels like a small sedan. I still would've preferred he got a Mazda 6, but the CX-5 is not all style, no substance. I like my Outback, but mostly because it looks like a station wagon.

I think the Nissan Rogue is ugly. The RAV4 is seriously hideous, CR-V=ugly, Escape is bland and also I have worked on so many Escapes I can't help but despise them, Equinox is fairly ugly, the Subaru Forester is bland. The BMW and Mercedes ones are pretty ugly. The Mitsubishi Outlander literally looks like it came straight from 2007.

I really liked the Toyota Venza and the Honda Crosstour but apparently no one else did because they both got axed.

The only ones that are currently available that I like well enough to own are probably the Mazda CX-5, and I actually like the polarizing looks of the Jeep Cherokee. Maybe one of the Lexus or Acura ones, but I'm not really familiar with their model lineups and names.

I'd still take a sedan over any of them.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Also worth noting, the only people I ever see driving "real" SUVs anymore (Escalades, Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons) are rich suburbia moms.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I really liked the Toyota Venza and the Honda Crosstour but apparently no one else did because they both got axed.
I guess I'm one of the few. I bought my wife's Venza because it was the closest thing to a Camry wagon. Plus, I wanted AWD because we frequent snowy passes in the winter time. It gets okay fuel economy and rides fine. It doesn't handle like a small sedan because it isn't a small sedan. Where it really shines is putting 4 adults and their gear inside and doing a weekend road trip. Rear passenger seats recline and have limo leg room. It does trade off some cargo space in the back though. But it will, and does, tow small to medium sized trailers. I'd buy another one.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Stay away from anything with a CVT trans. That axes basically the entire Nissan lineup.

These vehicles (cuv) are just a means to an end. Basic, disposable, utterly forgettable transportation. Get one under warranty or lease it and treat it as such. We've put 50k miles a piece on a couple Highlanders and I haven't done a single thing to them mechanically. It could spontaneously combust right now and I couldn't care less. Emotionless appliance.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor