Who has better Olds Aluminum Heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Are their major differences between the Edelbrock and Bulldog aluminum olds heads? I am weighing on which heads to use on my 425 BBO. Any .02 is welcome!

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
It all depends on your application, are you going to go all out racing or more street/strip?

I believe the Bulldogs flow much better than the Edelbrocks and are more geared towards racing.
I would consult Realoldspower.com since there are many discussions on this topic with regards to your application but if you are looking for some serious Oldsmobile heads check out http://www.Rocketracingperformance.com

http://www.rocketracingperformance.com/ ... /index.htm

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Hell I didnt even know anybody made aluminum heads for oldsmobile besides edelbrock. How much do the other heads run?

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Olds Aluminum Head options

Oldsmobile Aluminum Heads:

Rocket Racing:
Rocket Racing Performance

Bulldog:
FCR owes THOUSANDS of $$ to members of the Olds community. They were supposed to be newly improved, and better than the current Edelbrock head, but not sure if available anymore.

Edelbrock:
These two companies do a full CNC porting
Knowton Thunderheads
BTR Performance

Mondello/Knowton
Mondello
For full all out race heads with high compression

Rocket Racing heads are sold by them and them only.
Batten heads are out of production, and have been for years.
The Mondello/Knowlton heads are currently unavailable and most likely will stay that way.
The Bulldog debacle is, well.........just that........a debacle.
Therefore the Edelbrock head is the only viable option for the majority of builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor