Has anyone seen Eckler's website car images?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I really despise the term 'AI', it's too vague, has actually been used in its current form for some time, just not in the news.

AI is a good for creating trademark free advertising stuff, doing basic creative writing like cover letters, thank you's, bios, and answering basic yes/no or informative questions

If it's a mind numbing activity that takes a person significant time with minimal effort, it can be a great tool.

Newspaper articles have been written by 'AI' for some time. Dump in basic facts and it strings the words together in a semi acceptable readable form.

But anything that takes significant knowledge, feedback, etc, don't use it.

Word is there are reverse AI finders that can take resumes or similar and see if Chat GPT type software was used. If it finds out you used AI of some type, auto reject.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
According to some, AI is two letters!!

“I think the first part of this issue that should be articulated is AI is kind of a fancy thing. First of all, it’s two letters. It means artificial intelligence, but ultimately what it is, is it’s about machine learning.

And so, the machine is taught — and part of the issue here is what information is going into the machine that will then determine — and we can predict then, if we think about what information is going in, what then will be produced in terms of decisions and opinions that may be made through that process.

So to reduce it down to its most simple point, this is part of the issue that we have here is thinking about what is going into a decision, and then whether that decision is actually legitimate and reflective of the needs and the life experiences of all the people.”

Whut.jpeg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
According to some, AI is two letters!!

“I think the first part of this issue that should be articulated is AI is kind of a fancy thing. First of all, it’s two letters. It means artificial intelligence, but ultimately what it is, is it’s about machine learning.

And so, the machine is taught — and part of the issue here is what information is going into the machine that will then determine — and we can predict then, if we think about what information is going in, what then will be produced in terms of decisions and opinions that may be made through that process.

So to reduce it down to its most simple point, this is part of the issue that we have here is thinking about what is going into a decision, and then whether that decision is actually legitimate and reflective of the needs and the life experiences of all the people.”
That's. Just. Awful. 🤦‍♂️ Not helping, Ma'am. :wtf: I guess you get the communications major intern to write you a speech and....

just for fun tho

Me:

can you make the following quote actually make sense? "“I think the first part of this issue that should be articulated is AI is kind of a fancy thing. First of all, it’s two letters. It means artificial intelligence, but ultimately what it is, is it’s about machine learning. And so, the machine is taught — and part of the issue here is what information is going into the machine that will then determine — and we can predict then, if we think about what information is going in, what then will be produced in terms of decisions and opinions that may be made through that process. So to reduce it down to its most simple point, this is part of the issue that we have here is thinking about what is going into a decision, and then whether that decision is actually legitimate and reflective of the needs and the life experiences of all the people.”"
Chat GPT v4:

Certainly! The quote you've provided is a bit convoluted, but it appears to be an attempt to describe the fundamentals of AI and the concerns around machine learning. Here’s a more coherent version:

"Artificial Intelligence, commonly abbreviated as AI, is a sophisticated field that primarily revolves around the concept of machine learning. In essence, machine learning involves training computers to learn from data. The crux of the issue lies in the nature of the data being fed into these systems. The input data shapes the AI's learning process and subsequently influences the decisions it makes and the opinions it forms.

Thus, at its most fundamental level, the concern is about understanding the data inputs that lead to a decision. It's crucial to assess whether these decisions are fair and truly representative of the diverse experiences and needs of the entire population."

This revised version aims to clarify the original message by focusing on the significance of input data in AI and the implications of that data on the decisions made by AI systems.

Anyway.

But the point is the same (if you believe the "interpretation" which is even a dubious word to use) .... That if the training data is "poisoned" even slightly you'll get results ranging from mildly incorrect to out and out fiction or just plain 180* wrong. I think someone recently proved that it didn't take much to poison a training set with false positives/negatives before you start to get unpredictable results. The "poison" can also be inserting biased conclusions into the set "red ducks are evil" "blue frogs will terk yer jerbs" <insert false stereotypes> that kind of thing.

or as they say,

GIGO

Just another computer system at its core. 🤷

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I really despise the term 'AI', it's too vague, has actually been used in its current form for some time, just not in the news.

AI is a good for creating trademark free advertising stuff, doing basic creative writing like cover letters, thank you's, bios, and answering basic yes/no or informative questions

If it's a mind numbing activity that takes a person significant time with minimal effort, it can be a great tool.

Newspaper articles have been written by 'AI' for some time. Dump in basic facts and it strings the words together in a semi acceptable readable form.

Word is there are reverse AI finders that can take resumes or similar and see if Chat GPT type software was used. If it finds out you used AI of some type, auto reject.
I don't know what is the big deal on AI. It's been around for decades, us old guys called it cut & paste.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
My take on AI…. quite some time back ,probably in the 1980s, I read a short story in either Omni magazine or fantasy and science fiction (my dad had subscriptions to both) The general premise of which was they connected all the computers in the world together and then tried to decide what the most important question they could ask was. After all the worlds leaders and experts had their say they asked it “is there a God“. Supercomputers answer? “There is now”

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Just hope that A-I does not attempt to sneak under the radar and invade this site. Sick and tired of having a software app trying to finishe my sentences for me.

Nick

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
I

I just left a computer science workshop 30 minutes ago. What you're saying here about AI and chatbots is spot on.

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
definitely AI. Hopefully they catch enough flak for it they pull them down.

How NOT to use AI. Unfortunately you're going to see a lot more of this type of thing.
These are anti racial cars lol and caint go fass

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
GI-GO, Garbage In; Garbage out. The other point is that an Artificial Intelligence, no matter how fast, cannot intuit. Whereas a human can take one or two random bits of information and build an entire theory on them, the AI can't. It needs all the links in the data chain to be able to massage the data into something applicable.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor