Has anyone seen Eckler's website car images?

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Think a better term should be "Computer Intellegence/CI".
I think it was Arthur C. Clark that created the saying. I could be very wrong. And according to computer survey — 1955: John McCarthy held a workshop at Dartmouth on “artificial intelligence” which is the first use of the word, and how it came into popular usage.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
AI is pretty cool, if it works correctly. As CopperNick pointed out, it doesn't do intuitive, but in some cases, you wouldn't want it to. For example, if you want it to make up and tell you a heartfelt story, it may not "connect" with the audience. At least not currently. Maybe someday.

OTOH, say, if you hooked it up to your G-body and said, what is wrong and what are the chances of fixing it...provided it's set up correctly with the real, factual data in the first place, it can help pinpoint and suggest the possible fixes WITHOUT HUMAN ERROR OR EMOTIONAL FEELING. Like, wow, I don't WANT To remove the valve cover to 98.65% chance to fix the engine, because I just got them rechromed and might damage them. AI says this is the fix. Who gives two sh*ts about the valve covers? Do it and fix it, or not and walk. NO BS. I know it will take some time to trust it, but that's where man and AI must come to an understanding. At least until Skynet becomes self-aware. :)

Might come in handy at some point while doing surgeries or other medical procedures. If they haven't already. It'll get there. One day. But not today.

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
AI is pretty cool, if it works correctly. As CopperNick pointed out, it doesn't do intuitive, but in some cases, you wouldn't want it to. For example, if you want it to make up and tell you a heartfelt story, it may not "connect" with the audience. At least not currently. Maybe someday.

OTOH, say, if you hooked it up to your G-body and said, what is wrong and what are the chances of fixing it...provided it's set up correctly with the real, factual data in the first place, it can help pinpoint and suggest the possible fixes WITHOUT HUMAN ERROR OR EMOTIONAL FEELING. Like, wow, I don't WANT To remove the valve cover to 98.65% chance to fix the engine, because I just got them rechromed and might damage them. AI says this is the fix. Who gives two sh*ts about the valve covers? Do it and fix it, or not and walk. NO BS. I know it will take some time to trust it, but that's where man and AI must come to an understanding. At least until Skynet becomes self-aware. :)

Might come in handy at some point while doing surgeries or other medical procedures. If they haven't already. It'll get there. One day. But not today.
But if it says it’s the driver 🤣🤣

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Supposedly, at the laboratory or University level, somewhere, there are already things called nannites being created that can be tailored to repair damage done to various human systems almost down to the atomic level. The key with this type of technology is that, once grown, they can then be "tweaked" in the lab, to do a very specific job, until the repair is complete, and then, once it confirms that the work is done and successfully, it self destructs/suicides/dissolves/allows itself to be flushed away.

An AI might be used to keep track of such nannites during the creation process but once they are programmed for the work they are to do, Sayonara, Mr. AI, your services are no longer required. They are a fire and forget or do until done organism.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor