whom wants an inner patch panel 4 their monte, cutlass doors

would you like to see this option available for your gbody

• Yes, could not come quick enough. I would invest in a lower patch and buy a new skin as well, sinc

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No, I would rather buy a new door shell complete. The retail cost for the doors are $450-$500 ea

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No, I am going to try to find a used door, rust free even though they are almost as extinct as the d

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
whom wants an inner patch panel piece that is die stamped, we are thinking about developing. Attached are some pictures of the installation. This option is not going to be an expensive one. It will be retailed at approx $50 per piece.

Attachments

• IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,628
  • IMG_3320.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    719.2 KB · Views: 1,369
  • IMG_3289.JPG
    IMG_3289.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 1,672
  • IMG_3288.JPG
    IMG_3288.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,645
  • IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 1,538

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Re: whom wants an inner patch panel 4 their monte, cutlass d

That would nice if them were available. I'm not actually in need of them but as these doors become harder to find people will have to start saving not so bad doors. That piece and a door skin would fix most doors

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA

It would be nice to have options. For example the driver side door on my 80 cutlass is rotten on the bottom just below the area where the wheather stripping is but the outer skin is 100% perfect even where it crimps over the inner panel.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Are these panels going to be common to all 2 door G bodies from all of the different divisions?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

clean8485 said:
Are these panels going to be common to all 2 door G bodies from all of the different divisions?

Actually no, there will be different part numbers for Monte/Grand Prix and Cutlass/Regal. The hinge side has a lower difference between the platforms

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.

I got two rotted doors on my Monte right now . I also found to new to me doors at the junkyard and craigslist rust free . but once i take the rusted ones off i plan to rebuild them for sale . Having that patch panel would be ideal , but the rust on mines is mostly on the door skin .

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada

I know you are concentrating on mostly Cutlass stuff but is there a chance these could be produced for the Malib/Camino?

I have 5 or 6 extra doors here that could probably use these. Getting real tough to find good doors up here....and repop door shells here are over $700 ea.

I'm sure there's others that would be interested in the them as well.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I have scrapped doors for having rotting inner lower shells. Would be a great thing to have available.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

all finished painted and ready to go

Attachments

• IMG_3455.JPG
    IMG_3455.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 910
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor