why side pipes only belong on the vette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side pipes do nothing to hinder the functionality of a G body and I see nothing wrong with them. A lift kit and gigantic heavy wheels add nothing to the functionality of a G body unless you live in an area where it floods often. The added weight kills wheel bearings, makes it stop slower and accelerate slower. The added ride height ruins the center of gravity and makes it handle worse. I am not referring to 18-20 in wheels in my post. Those could be made to work well enough. I was talking about the cars that have more ground clearance than an Expedition 4x4. I don't care what anyone says or how much money they cost, they look ugly and silly. It's a horrible way to ruin a G body. Make a lowrider out of it, or a drag car, anything but THAT. Yes, this is just my opinion, but my opinions are based on logic and functionality, not what someone else sees as trendy or stylish. Functionality is anything that adds to the car or truck's ability to operate as a vehicle. Enhancing: Fuel economy, handling, braking, acceleration, occupant comfort, maneuverability, reliability, lowering operational costs, etc. all qualify as legitimate reasons to modify a vehicle. Style plays into things as well, but only if it does not hinder the legitimate reasons for a car's existence without enhancing a operational parameter.

Whoever said the exhaust has the exit the rear of the car thats up to the state.My 68 mustang i can't use a full exhaust i have a 3 link with a watts link no room for the pipes past the axle.I don't like side pipes on any car they didn't come from the factory with.I'm not a fan of low riders or huge rims but each there own.But its there car they can do anything you want to it no matter if i like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor