why side pipes only belong on the vette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Tony_SS said:
98% of Monte SS owners wouldn't paint their SS orange either. :D

Here's an 80 with sidepipes. This one looks good to me.

ACTUALLY, suprising as it may be, I'd say about 85% of the Monte owners I've talked to said they love the Hugger Orange with white stripes and about 70% of them said they thought about painting their cars Orange too.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Yeah, but 70% of all statistics are wrong.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah, but 70% of all statistics are wrong.

that being said then the statistic that 70% of statistics are wrong can easily fall within the 70% and be totally wrong....lol

personally I think the huggar orange is an awesome color and who would want to paint their vehicle a color that's common anyway....sidepipes don't add to the appearance of a G body....if anything skirts belong on the side of a G body that is dropped an inch or 2...

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
The bad part about trying to be "different" is, Now when he realises he doesn't want them any more and tries to sell them. He'll be sitting on those things for ever, till they rot

you ever try something, car related or not, and then find that due to changes you can't use it anymore? i tried them, and i like them. other people like them too. i wish i could keep them and i want to keep them but i'm lowering the car too much--sh*t happens. so i figure that if someone else like 'em and wants them, here's everything they need. i don't understand why you see a problem with that, or someone "experimenting" with their cars look.
i like the way your car looks, but i would hate to have my car that color.
the cops here don't, and maybe can't, do anything about emissions.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I fail to see why it matters if someone does something minor like this that you do not like. Not everyone will like the style I am doing my car in. Some people I know do not get why I want a stock aesthetic to my rides. I have also been criticized for my love of white painted cars (other than my Cutlass-it will always be dark blue!). That's my style and it exists for some very functional reasons. Sidepipes may be someone else's style. It's not like the car is up on 30's with a 2 foot lift kit. THAT is the only style statement I feel is really horrid enough to warrant a multi-page thread full of castigation.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I fail to see why it matters if someone does something minor like this that you do not like. Not everyone will like the style I am doing my car in. Some people I know do not get why I want a stock aesthetic to my rides. I have also been criticized for my love of white painted cars (other than my Cutlass-it will always be dark blue!). That's my style and it exists for some very functional reasons. Sidepipes may be someone else's style. It's not like the car is up on 30's with a 2 foot lift kit. THAT is the only style statement I feel is really horrid enough to warrant a multi-page thread full of castigation.

Style has nothing to do wityh it. when done right. I've seen "Pro-touring" montes dropped with bigger rims, montes set up for the track, montes with hydro's bouncing down the road, even donks that are done right look good, and you have to give them all respect because the car are all beautiful (in there own style). Throwing sidepipes on an otherwise stock Monte Carlo should not be misconstrued for style. The side pipes take away from the car and these cars are not the right shape etc. its not an opinion thing it is just not esthetically pleasing to the eye.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
On the topic :lol: .
In Pa,your pipes have to exit "outside the body" and "rearward of any window/opening."
So in theory you could run sidepipes on just about anything ( Emission laws not withstanding).
Corvettes fit the rules.
I guess wagons are exempt ?!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Style has nothing to do wityh it. when done right. I've seen "Pro-touring" montes dropped with bigger rims, montes set up for the track, montes with hydro's bouncing down the road, even donks that are done right look good, and you have to give them all respect because the car are all beautiful (in there own style). Throwing sidepipes on an otherwise stock Monte Carlo should not be misconstrued for style. The side pipes take away from the car and these cars are not the right shape etc. its not an opinion thing it is just not esthetically pleasing to the eye.

who's sense of style though? which matters more, yours as a critic or mine as the owner? i've had quite a few people hear about it and say it'll look like crap. then they see it and the like it. do i expect, or care, if everyone likes my car? F&ck no!
aesthetics are OPINION, not absolute. i could say that there is very little aesthetically pleasing about your car. it's just another monte with a cowl hood, old fashioned wheels, and an old GM paint color. how original is "hugger orange " on a GM? i am NOT ******** on your car here, just demonstrating a point.
also, my monte is not stock and i will be getting more parts for it this year, (and next year and probably the year after that...:lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor