Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.Wagner

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
My '83 Hurst already has an oxygen sensor in the passenger manifold. If I got a wide band air/fuel gauge would I be able to take the stock sensor out and put in a wide band sensor in the same hole? Would that still be able to hook up to my car's computer and operate properly or would that screw things up?

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Some of the newer WB sensors can output a signal that mimics a factory narrow band sensor. If you buy one of these units, I think your plan will work.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I know the Innovate wideband, LM-1, LC-1, LC-2 and the gauge, have2 analog outputs. One is for narrow band (nb), and the other is the wideband (wb) output. Sooo, you could use the nb output for the stock ECM/PCM.

FWIW, I did this with the LC-1 some years back for my TBI Malibu wagon, and the nb output didn't seem to scale and swing the same as just a regular nb sensor. Now, you can go in to the settings and tweak things, but I just welded another bung in the exhaust to use them both.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor