wierd tps code

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuccillo111

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2015
hi all. I have an 86 supreme 307. I've had it for 3 weeks. im getting the 21 code which is tps high voltage. we connected to a Snap-On scanner($$$) and the specs where right on, although the car WAS running as we couldn't connect aldl w/o it running. anyway, we suspect the o2 sensor is bad as I also get an occasional 13 code for that, and now today I got the MAP code 34. the carb is stock re-manned replacement with a date of 2013 so i don't trust the ccc is giving me the correct info on the tps. so some background... i cut the cat out, the air pump and plugged the two pipes on either side of the motor that branch to the heads, eliminated the choke as its a summer only car, and cut out many vacuum lines leaving only the necessities. this things exhaust is getting bad and burning the eyes now. im replacing the o2 sensor but it wont budge so im soaking it in bees wax for now. the idle adjustment screws are 3.25 turns out and timing is at 20 degrees. also im getting 10-12 mpg. can someone decipher all this and point me in the right direction? thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor