CUTLASS will he intake fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It's not a good fight when you already know who the winner is.;)

Sid R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2018
Total no-go, the Chevy & Olds are two different animals.
Well, while the Chevy intake manifold can't be used on your Olds engine, it CAN be used in your Oldsmobile.
All you need is a Small block Chevy engine to adapt the manifold to your chassis. It should bolt right in.
Now, while that sounds like a smart-azz answer, from a practical viewpoint, if you intend to do many mods to your engine, it could actually save you money in the long run. Like stated above, the used part market is awash in SBC stuff. Small block Olds, not so much.
Many years ago, a guy at the drag strip asked an older friend of mine why he raced a Chevy. I thought his response was a wise crack until I started buying speed equipment myself. He said, "Because I can walk around the block and pick up enough parts out of the dirt to build an engine".
(He's been gone 41 years and I still miss him every day.)
I remember when people who bought late '70s / early '80s Olds and Pontiacs found out that they had Chevy motors in them they threatened to sue. I thought that they were looking a 'gift horse in the mouth........'

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yah, shove a sbc in everything, let's all be sheep shall we. There are actually more parts now than ever for the Olds 350. The only blocks worth rebuilding are the 1968 through 1976 blocks due to the windowed mains and crappy flowing, crack prone 3A heads on the 77-80 350. There is a new very modern Mahle piston and new direct replacement modern forged connecting rod coming out shortly, both nearly sbc pricing. Also there is a new 3.875" or 4" stroker crank in 5140 or 4340 forged steel for the SBO Olds. The first build with a regular 71 Olds 350 with 2"/1.625" valves with just the bowls opened on the stock #7 heads, a mild custom 219/226 roller cam pulling 18" of vacuum, 9 to 1 compression, 4.100" bore, try that on a sbc 350 , could go another .060" or more on most blocks and 4" stroke 5140 steel stroker crank, again, good luck getting that much stroke in a sbc 350. That makes 422 ci, this mild, could probably run a regular, put out 408 hp and 508 ft/lbs with a Quickfuel 750 carb with only 30 degrees of timing, they usually like 4 to 6 more for maximum power. With the Holley Sniper, same hp but over 510 ft/lbs of torque. Cutlassefi (Mark Remmel) brought these products to the market, did the above build and is also an efi expert. I plan on copying this build with Mark's help, I don't care if I have to buy one piece at a time to make it happen.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
IMG_20180224_110251.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I loved my olds 350s and then my 455
But wanted to go faster in the 1/4 mile and got talked into a bbc I kinda regret it as the olds 455 was dialed in and ran mid to low 11s for a street/strip car. Yes parts are cheaper for Chevy engines but I liked I was the only only one running a olds engine and yes it cost way more to build so when I build my wagon olds 350 is going into it and the other projects might be getting olds 307s or 350s since they will be my wife and daughter's cars they don' need big power maybe the daughter will get a 350 later on so she can beet mom lol

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
View attachment 85260
But wanted to go faster in the 1/4 mile and got talked into a bbc I kinda regret it as the olds 455 was dialed in and ran mid to low 11s for a street/strip car. Yes parts are cheaper for Chevy engines but I liked I was the only only one running a olds engine and yes it cost way more to build so when I build my wagon olds 350 is going into it and the other projects might be getting olds 307s or 350s since they will be my wife and daughter's cars they don' need big power maybe the daughter will get a 350 later on so she can beet mom lol
My little girl has an olds 350

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Olds are tougher to go fast but there is now more parts than ever including an aftermarket block. The Olds 350 was way more reliable in the 70's than brand C, you know the blue smoking puffing, cam flattener.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, when you went to BBC (which has another connotation), it dropped 2 seconds and you were magically in the 9s, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor