will my rear end be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2012
I have a custom regal in progress. I have a Chevy 350 putting out 385 horsepower with a Turbo 350 transmission. I'm wondering if the original rear end will be enough for daily driving because I have 26 inch rims on it can someone give me any advice on this

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
What engine did u have in it before ?

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You mean will it be strong enough for street driving? Yup. Unless you're hooking up with slicks and launching off a big stall at the track a 7.5 stocker will work fine for driving.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
an open rear is stronger than a posi, the pinion gears in a posi are quite a bit smaller than the pinion gears in an open carrier

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
CHRIS.O said:
You mean will it be strong enough for street driving? Yup. Unless you're hooking up with slicks and launching off a big stall at the track a 7.5 stocker will work fine for driving.

X2 It will be plenty strong for street driving and if you are running 26" rims( I thought tire diameter first time I read it) then obviously this isn't going to be any kind of track car with slicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor