Will my th250 bolt up to a 350 chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I had a good high mile TH250C last one day behind my 8 to 1 mild 403, black fluid and no first gear. All the adapters aren't equal, I used the cheaper one on the Olds 350 powered Z71. I could only get 4 out of 6 bo!ts into the motor. It held up fine being a mild 350. The thicker Transdapt adapter has the button head fasteners so all bolts are engaged and longer dowel pins available. As far as the torque converter, I usually add at least 2 washers between the flexplate and converter lugs. I didn't on a higher stall converter, actually pulled the converter ahead enough to cause a major leak, washers in, problem fixed.

I actually welded 'backup nuts' on my spacer to be able to use all of the bolts. Originally it would have only used 4 bolts total, which is probably fine too.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
a few decades ago I put a BOP transmission on a Chev motor with no adapter plate, the dowls and and the two bottom bolts line up, drove it like that for about a month (gingerly) and then swapped out the 305 and transmission for something with a bit more power.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
a few decades ago I put a BOP transmission on a Chev motor with no adapter plate, the dowls and and the two bottom bolts line up, drove it like that for about a month (gingerly) and then swapped out the 305 and transmission for something with a bit more power.... :popcorn:

Has anybody out their only used one bolt? Or zip ties? Or just a cover pass of JBWeld?
😜

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Torcharama

n00b
Apr 23, 2020
I'm putting on a carburetor on with a speedmaster intake. (to get rid of the tbi system because I dont want to mess with computers) Will this shorten the life of the transmission. I'm not looking to make power. I'm just looking for a driver and Im v8 swapping it because the rings on the v6 are so bad to where gas is getting into my oil and I dont think its worth rebuilding if the car is getting a v8 anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor