Will this fit in a g-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try to look for something that came out of a G body vehicle. The seller doesn't even seem to be certain what kind of vehicle the steering column came out of. Are you looking for a column shift steering column?

Yes. Well, the problem is the wire to my horn is broken & I had to disconnect them from under the hood because it was stuck on. I really don't want to change the entire column but I don't know if it can be fixed. If the one ion the link I posted would work I was going to get it because it's cheap.

Pull your column and fix the wire.Your jumping a little ahead of yourself. Hell you dont even need to pull it just run a new wire.

veltboy314 said:
stomis said:
Pull your column and fix the wire.Your jumping a little ahead of yourself. Hell you dont even need to pull it just run a new wire.
I didn't think it would be an easy fix but I guess it is. Someone posted this link yesterday & it looks very helpful but at what point do I put the wire in & where would I get a replacement wire?

http://www.superchevy.com/tech/sucp_0707_tilt_steering_column/images.html

Figure out where the wire attaches to the horn ring behind the button and then figure out where that wire lands and splice in a regular wire. Not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor