Window seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSomeRust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2008
South Dakota
Where can a person get the window seals/scrapers for the driver & passenger doors at a reasonable price? Thanks

Attachments

• Malibus.jpg
    Malibus.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 111

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
rockauto.com $25 a piece

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
i got my inner and outer pieces from bowtieparts.com....they fit perfect. Its a chevy site but have stuff for olds too.

GotSomeRust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2008
South Dakota
Thanks for the responses. Another dumb question, is there an easy way to take the old trim/seal off without taking the glass out. I'm not see how to get to a couple of the screws with the top of the glass in the way...

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
GotSomeRust said:
Thanks for the responses. Another dumb question, is there an easy way to take the old trim/seal off without taking the glass out. I'm not see how to get to a couple of the screws with the top of the glass in the way...
Same thing I'm trying to do. With the windows all the way down and an assistant helping by pulling the glass inward or pushing inward from the outside, use one of those L shaped screwdrivers and see if that works. Let me know if it works out. I'm working on my rust issues right now.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
i used a little ratchet handle desined to hold screw driver bits. total depth of it was less than an L shape screwdriver. can buy a lttle kit with the ratchet and assorted bits at most tool places. great also because of the ratcheting of course. takes forever with a normal screwdriver

peace

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
just loosen the lower stops for the window and let the window slide down to expose the screws.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
You gotta take the glass out and the inner door panels to get then out w/o a problem....they are also referred to as window sweeps, felts and so on........ Just search on E-Bay for window felts and you'll find plenty. All G-Body sets will fit your car....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor