HELP 4 door/wagon front window channels felts

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well maybe I can try them for science. I am currently being "reviewed" by the log in Nazis. So if I get cleared I'll let the forum know the prices.
ALSO in the application process they asked if I plan to resell their products, I said no of coarse
Tim,
From what it sounds like, they're looking for secondary vendors to sell their stuff, and also people to buy product from them in bulk.
You could ask Fairchild Industries if they sell directly, or would you have to go thru one of their vendors. I believe Fairchild is also a large supplier that supports other vendors.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Tim,
From what it sounds like, they're looking for secondary vendors to sell their stuff, and also people to buy product from them in bulk.
You could ask Fairchild Industries if they sell directly, or would you have to go thru one of their vendors. I believe Fairchild is also a large supplier that supports other vendors.
Im sending you a PM

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
UPDATE on window channel.. I contacted CRL laurnce . First I asked them how to obtain an account. They replied with some login details and I ordered the window channel linning listed above in this thread. They are much longer than needed and not formed for the corners in the wagon window frame. But for someone WITHOUT any descent window channel or is yours is falling apart, this IS an option. They fit really well. And seemed a little tight when rolling the window all the way up. I did not glue them in yet , but plan to. good luck!!! the product that I used is as follows. Item #: AS172096

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
UPDATE on window channel.. I contacted CRL laurnce . First I asked them how to obtain an account. They replied with some login details and I ordered the window channel linning listed above in this thread. They are much longer than needed and not formed for the corners in the wagon window frame. But for someone WITHOUT any descent window channel or is yours is falling apart, this IS an option. They fit really well. And seemed a little tight when rolling the window all the way up. I did not glue them in yet , but plan to. good luck!!! the product that I used is as follows. Item #: AS172096
Tim,
I'm glad you were able to establish contact with them. If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much the size and part# that I used. I can check back in my notes.
Once they're glued in place, they should be good to go. They usually come long, so trimming is no big deal.
Btw, how's the upright pieces of channel? The ones parallel to the B-pillar? You can replace them with B-body parts.

Last edited:

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Tim,
I'm glad you were able to establish contact with them. If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much the size and part# that I used. I can check back in my notes.
Once they're glued in place, they should be good to go. They usually come long, so trimming is no big deal.
Btw, how's the upright pieces of channel? The ones parallel to the B-pillar? You can replace them with B-body parts.
The upright area was a little tricky. The CRL product fits but not like oem. I just made the whole run in one piece. It took a little trimming in the 90* turn to make it lay flat. Today I decided to put my door panel back on without gluing the channels . They are holding fine for now. Actually the window is a little snug when rolling all the way up, but miles better than having the window glass rattling and banging on the bare frame as it was before.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The upright area was a little tricky. The CRL product fits but not like oem. I just made the whole run in one piece. It took a little trimming in the 90* turn to make it lay flat. Today I decided to put my door panel back on without gluing the channels . They are holding fine for now. Actually the window is a little snug when rolling all the way up, but miles better than having the window glass rattling and banging on the bare frame as it was before.
So, let me get this right. You used the entire length of the #1720 run channel, even on the rear window frame as well. The reason I ask is because the upright pieces of channel have a unique profile that can't be found aftermarket. Well, as long as you got a good snug window, and it looks reasonably well, good for you. Plus you relieved the annoying, rattling window syndrome.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
So, let me get this right. You used the entire length of the #1720 run channel, even on the rear window frame as well. The reason I ask is because the upright pieces of channel have a unique profile that can't be found aftermarket. Well, as long as you got a good snug window, and it looks reasonably well, good for you. Plus you relieved the annoying, rattling window syndrome.
No I cant speak for fitment of channel on the Back windows. I only bought one piece to try, and I used about 90%of it on the driver side front only. And the upright area of the front side window was a funky shape. The CRL product close enough in that area for me. The front area and top run fitment was spot on. Once again Im only speaking for the driver front door . Luckily my rear channel rubber is still fine.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
No I cant speak for fitment of channel on the Back windows. I only bought one piece to try, and I used about 90%of it on the driver side front only. And the upright area of the front side window was a funky shape. The CRL product close enough in that area for me. The front area and top run fitment was spot on. Once again Im only speaking for the driver front door . Luckily my rear channel rubber is still fine.
Yeah, the back window is a slightly different animal if I recall. I think it might also use some of the same #1720 channel as the front, but the vent window is a different channel size. Again I'll have to refer back to my notes.
You're lucky that your rear vertical run channels are still good. That's what I mentioned earlier, that they're a particular shape. I was lucky to find an OEM drivers side channel. The right side, I had to piece together using part of an OEM run channel for the uprights, and the newer #1720 channel.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor