HELP 4 door/wagon front window channels felts

Nick1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2020
I'm looking for where to get used or new window channel felts not sure what they're called the ones that go in the window frame. I need it for the front driver door of a wagon or 4 door, mine is completely dry rotted. Anyone have one or does someone make a replacement/universal one. I have two cars that need the front driver side one I'm tired of the air leaks and sagging window when I wind it up. Thanks!

WAGOOON

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2023
I'm looking for where to get used or new window channel felts not sure what they're called the ones that go in the window frame. I need it for the front driver door of a wagon or 4 door, mine is completely dry rotted. Anyone have one or does someone make a replacement/universal one. I have two cars that need the front driver side one I'm tired of the air leaks and sagging window when I wind it up. Thanks!
I just did this on my kid’s wagon. I’ll see if I can rediscover what and where I got the channel felts. I bought them online quite some time ago….

WAGOOON

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2023
Here it is:

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I too need these. I remember all the work that went into this thread, thanks guys, you went over and above,. Now to re-read the entire thing and see what I can do.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I was lucky to find a really clean set in a Cutlass sedan at the local junkyard. Got them cheap. I had to modify the rear set to fit the rear doors on the wagon but got them to work. Look for G body sedans at the junkyards.
1695259252978.png

Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I picked up strips of window channel that match the GM profile, but I have not sorted out slicing and gluing the corners.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I picked up strips of window channel that match the GM profile, but I have not sorted out slicing and gluing the corners.
FYI, I butted the corners and used 3M weatherstrip adhesive to seal them up and hold them together. That was just on the back though.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Guys, my good friend Vince ended up purchasing window channels for a B-body car like a Caprice. They apparently are the same profile as the G-body wagon window channels but one of the legs come up a bit short. What he ended doing is using the B-body channels and adding a length from an aftermarket channel, which I'll find the part # for and post it. I would've gone that way had I not found one NOS channel from a GM dealer and purchased another side just for the upright strips.
So, I recommend going to our friends at Rock Auto and purchase them there. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1859214&cc=1036594&pt=12412&jsn=1036
Look up '80 Chevy Caprice 4-dr. He was very pleased with how they worked out. The corners are already bonded , so no need to butt them together, except for the added leg.
Part # for additional aftermarket channel AS 1720

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Before everyone attacks RockAuto, be aware that the B-body glass is taller and the top strip is not as wide as the G--body opening. I have to find these and snap a picture to support my argument.

IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2705.JPG

Here are the pictures. I'll see whether I can bend the angled joint and simply glue on some more vertical onto the front leg. There is a segment in the left/upper picture where is looks like there is a clip in the channel to keep it in place against gravity when the glass is rolled down.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor