Wiper motor bad or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1980 Monte Carlo and early in the mornings the wipers dont want to seem to work unless i pull up on the wiper arm, is this a case of a wiper motor going out or what but they work fine in theevenings after work?Thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The way you describe it, it sounds more like a problem with the switch itself.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Now, your car is an '80. Would your wiper switch be on the dash, unless it was converted to a column mounted switch.
It sounds like your wiper motor is functional, but getting bad contact somewhere.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Check that your linkage is free. I had a truck that the linkage was binding slightly on. They moved slowly until they got moving after a bit.

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
These wipers are sensitive to being well grounded. Loosen and retighten the screws holding the motor unit to the firewall mounts. That might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor