Wiring help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and the engine you've installed is not set up to run with a computer so you will have extra connectors that you cannot use on this engine. It is a good idea to take pictures or make notes so you can remember where the connectors go to before you remove an engine

PistolPete2336

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2019
and the engine you've installed is not set up to run with a computer so you will have extra connectors that you cannot use on this engine. It is a good idea to take pictures or make notes so you can remember where the connectors go to before you remove an engine
Totally agree. This is a project I was thrown into at this new shop I work at. And I'm doing my best to get it running.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you need switched power to the distributor and choke, green wire to the temperature sender, brown wire to oil pressure sender, wire up the alternator and you should be good to go.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This should help. it's out of my '81 wiring book,

Attachments

• 1981 LC8 231 wiring.pdf
    456.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 1981 Chevy V8 V6 wiring.pdf
    662 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor