Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Im doing alright on it, making some progress in getting the interior all change over to black and not multicolored. Got some parts coming in from O.D.Showtime for the dash and vent windows. Great guy. Also got a steering column and turn signals from the guy parting out the 4 door malibu. So its coming together, hopefully will be a full driver soon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm glad to hear that it's coming together and that you're able to find parts for it. Yes, Kevin is a great guy, and also has some parts for me, too. He's an excellent parts source with a discerning eye for clean parts.
I know what you mean about multi-colored interiors. :roll: I'll still have to paint some panels to match...can't help it.

I guess you ended up getting an earlier style column?

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
84dragcutlass said:
Yeah finally nabbed one from a 78 so it will all work like stock

Josh...make sure you get the intermediate shaft with the column...the one from the end of the column to the steering box. The 78 had a splinned shaft on the end of the column so you need that lower shaft from he 78 to make it work.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Josh,
Kevin is absolutely right. The '78 column is a one year specific part. It has the splined end as compared to the double D or double flat end. You will also need the intermediate shaft for a '78.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Scott, :arrow: :arrow: :lol:
Not really a whole lot. I have been working on my front bumper trying to get a nicer fit to the '81 header panel and fenders.
Some more welding, grinding, and elongating the adjusting slots to enable the bumper to move closer to the grille.
I didn't take a pic, but it's looking better. I still have some light grinding and finish work to do.

Perhaps you could answer this question. I'm looking for swage eyes for my tailgate cables. I plan to shorten the cables enough to provide more clearance between the open tailgate and bumper. This requires shortening the cables and adding new swage eyes to the shortened cables. :idea:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've done some more work on the front bumper the other day. It's looking better and more to my liking.

And again, a sneak preview of what my wheels are going to look like.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
EdontheBeach said:
that's tight! i like it. are you using filler the panels?
Thanks Ed!
I've eliminated all the bumper fillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor