Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
pontiacgp said:
Jack, that paint looks awesome and you can't tell that's your first time painting. You must be proud of yourself... :D
Thank you for the kind words,Steve.
There's a few minor screw ups, but I'll keep them to myself... :wink: Overall it does look pretty good after buffing it out.
However, I do feel a sense of accomplishment. This will probably be the last car I do.

Hello Jack,

Looks like a good job, congratulation. I like the white, this is clean.
Again few hours of reassembly and you can driving your malibu on the beautiful landscape from Florida.
Soon, pictures with the bumpers? :lol: I'm sure it will be very beautiful.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
sebastian305 said:
Hello Jack,

Looks like a good job, congratulation. I like the white, this is clean.
Again few hours of reassembly and you can driving your malibu on the beautiful landscape from Florida.
Soon, pictures with the bumpers? :lol: I'm sure it will be very beautiful.
Hello Sebastien,
How are you my friend? Thank you for your complements. I hope to be on the road this summer :D I still have a lot of work to do yet..interior (headliner,door panels, dash) weatherstrip, tires, paint the bumpers and rims... :?
So I'm not out of the woods yet... :lol:

I will speak to you soon. Take care.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake442 said:
Looks great Jack! :banana:

Can't wait to see it come together!
Thanks Blake!
I'm pretty excited to see it come together. I'll post more progress pics in the next few days.
I hope you're able to get some work done on your wagon.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Hey Jack,

Comin right along, spring is probably a good time to paint in Florida eh? Not too humid, not too hot. Paint looks rich and who cares if there's a dribble or two. We all know there's no perfect cars. Just ask any builder, we all know where the body's are buried.

Looks like you have white with red insides is that right? I love that color combination. Matter of fact, I have a roller 64 SS Impala, factory four speed car that the body tag states was white exterior with red interior. Gonna sell it next GoodGuys. Already have a 63 SS red with red, don't need a 64 too. The car I'm building now was white before I painted it again. I wish I had the time to work more than one day a week on my junk.

Car looks great, wish you weren't three thousand miles away so I could see it first hand. ...

Scott, ... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8)

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
ssbrewskyaz said:
Hey Jack,

Comin right along, spring is probably a good time to paint in Florida eh? Not too humid, not too hot. Paint looks rich and who cares if there's a dribble or two. We all know there's no perfect cars. Just ask any builder, we all know where the body's are buried.

Looks like you have white with red insides is that right? I love that color combination. Matter of fact, I have a roller 64 SS Impala, factory four speed car that the body tag states was white exterior with red interior. Gonna sell it next GoodGuys. Already have a 63 SS red with red, don't need a 64 too. The car I'm building now was white before I painted it again. I wish I had the time to work more than one day a week on my junk.

Car looks great, wish you weren't three thousand miles away so I could see it first hand. ...

Scott, ... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8)
Hello again Scott!
I couldn't have picked better weather to paint. The humidity was low, and the temps were in the 70's. I waited a while...procrastinated a little. Finally I said, it's now or never.
I still have some touch ups to do. Under the rocker panels I missed alittle. I couldn't get a good angle on the gun. I'll jack it up one day and hit it with my touch up gun. Yeah, it's not perfect, but these cars weren't perfect out of the showroom.
I like the white with red combo. I'm leaning towards a burgundy interior. The red panels are toast. In this case SEM will be my friend.
My dad had a '62 Chevy Belair Ermine white exterior with red interior.

Yeah, I wish you were closer...and thanks for the complement.
Talk to you soon. :)

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Ed!
Not too bad for an amateur.. :wink:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's a few pics of what I've been doing the past few days. Also, spent a good part of the day trying to mod the front bumper some more to fit with the new header panel and fenders. I still have some more grinding to do. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor