Would not having shroud cause overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palehorse78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2011
V8 Rumble said:
palehorse78 said:
hi guys revived this post cause my car is still overheating i put it down for maybe a year cause it one thing after another however i did get some things done to it i flushed the radiator,new thermostat
i had a serious vacuum leak fixed, well my mechanic noticed that i have a v6 radiator but i have a v8 motor.could this cause it to over heat?

A smaller radiator could cause it to run hot.Have you checked your oil for a milky or creamy look? This would be worst case scenario but If your oil has that it could be a head gasket issue.

my mechanic checked it and it does not

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Make sure the radiator air passages are not full of bug brains and dirt. Use compressed air from the engine side to blow out dry debris from a few inches back. If using a high pressure hose at the car wash, keep the nozzle back at least a foot so you don't bend the fins.

In extreme cases, the impeller can go bad in the water pump. With the cap off, revving the motor, make sure you see flow. Make sure the radiator is not full of scale and junk from using tap water. Finally, check out a product called Water Wetter by Red Line. It helps increase the thermal transfer of the coolant and won't hurt the system. I used it successfully in my 400 in Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor