Would this nitrous kit work well w/ a mildly built olds 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Probably, my engine guy told me that if I was going the nitrous route that I shouldn'd really go past 150 hp on stock rods, pistons, crank. So that puts that kit right in that range for you. The guy that told me that builds 2000hp engines and has 3 world records in the ihra right now so I think I would trust him. He said you could put more hp to the stock stuff but 150 guide line would keep the engine reliable.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
That kit should work fine. I personally prefer the under-carb plate, but to be honest either will work.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
i thought i read somewhere a long time ago about those kits not being as effective as a plate type setup. i could be wrong and after seeing a few injected cars throttle bodies freeze cause the nozzle was too close to them, i would shy away from that type anyway. nitrous is pretty damn cold and theres no reason it couldn't freeze the butterflys being that close so i would opt for the same setup with a plate.

a stock bottom end can handle 300 horse max, but i would also say that 150-200 would be the reliable maximum. i had 100 horse to my stock bottom end in the camino last summer and there was no sign of wear, i am going to use 175-200 this summer. BUT, i also am not worried about blowing the motor cause its not a daily driver and 87+ stock bottom ends are not hard to find. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor