WOW, Jegs is going to jack you on shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
not to highjack but has anyone used the upgraded shipping lately?is it really worth it?

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I will say I have noticed lack of promo codes lately or they have one that is pointless like spend $1000 and save $10
Just got a promo from summit the other day. I was super excited to see the email because I need to place an order soon. Then I opened it to see $25 off $250. Sorry summit, $25 isn’t going to motivate me to place a $2k order any sooner than I need to.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Shipping is the bane of every car parts place online. Shipping eats into profits, so normal business models price that in on a running average. It's the contracts with the shipping companies that makes the difference. The pre-Covid business model cannot be maintained apparently at Jeg's, et al.

I have no knowledge of their specifics, but shipping companies make "deals" with high volume shippers because it's a steady income stream. So you're willing to give on actual shipping prices to the companies. Depends on how good they can negotiate the prices, but often you get the "Spend $$ and get free shipping" This usually means people will bundle shipments to meet that threshold to get the free shipping rather than buy 10 bucks here and 10 bucks there. A win win. Especially for the business. They've got to do something at the moment to survive in a world with Covid issues, man-made problems or natural.

If the agreement is that Company A will "guarantee" so many dollars worth of shipping each reporting period, whatever that is, the price is (fill in the blank) per shipped item on average and they don't meet that threshold, then the contract probably will be re-negotiated or penalties kick in. Again, this is built into the pricing structure somewhere. This isn't just Summit or Jeg's either. A LOT of companies are restructuring their discount programs. Anyone see toilet paper on sale lately? Me neither. Yet it's available for the most part now.

Prices of materials are going up. Period. Looking at exhaust systems and all that, prices are inching up on those too. With more money being printed and material "shortages" whether man-made, Covid-caused, or whatever the reason, more $$ will be needed. It's just how sh*it is.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So you’re ok with the Chinese flooding our markets and causing job loss? I mean they already killed the US steel industry, why not get the aluminum industry too? How about the polymer industry? We already can’t affordably build a wood structure in this country because China is willing to pay a ridiculous price for our wood so we have to compete with them to buy it.

anyway, yes Jegs sucks. Everything can be bought as cheap Or cheaper on eBay with free shipping.

Who's talking about China?

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I was placing orders for parts yesterday, the promo code "does not apply to your order", or "invalid code". This was not only for Jegs, but I was also purchasing from OPGI, and Summit. The promo codes did not apply to my orders there either. They were directly from the most recent E-mails received. I tried Ecklers for some parts, but there seems to be something wrong with many of the links. Most of the time I get suspension header page when looking for other categories. RockAuto worked for me, and I found, and was able to purchase, parts unavailable elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So you’re ok with the Chinese flooding our markets and causing job loss? I mean they already killed the US steel industry, why not get the aluminum industry too? How about the polymer industry? We already can’t affordably build a wood structure in this country because China is willing to pay a ridiculous price for our wood so we have to compete with them to buy it.

anyway, yes Jegs sucks. Everything can be bought as cheap Or cheaper on eBay with free shipping.

The ultimate irony is that it is a Canadian member complaining about the tariff effects, when the only reason there IS a tariff is that Canadian companies are flooding the us market with raw aluminum above and beyond the informal import quotas that were covered in the trade talks..

US trade rep: ok, but under this deal, if we leave the language like so, you agree Canadian exports of raw unimproved aluminum will be below this level?

Canadian trade rep: absolutely, we can do that.

Canadian industry: what's this all aboot? Why do we stay under this level eh? We make more money the more we send... as for the USA.... well... FU!!! SEND IT!

Last edited:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just noticed Jegs bumped it up it $199.99 now for free shipping. Even their save $XX off sucks too. Gotta spend too much to not get enough off.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just noticed Jegs bumped it up it $199.99 now for free shipping. Even their save $XX off sucks too. Gotta spend too much to not get enough off.

Heh. $299 still gets you free shipping to Canada. You guys are getting off easy. Gotta love this rapid inflation of everything. Just wait until minimum wage spikes up higher and/or we get UBI or similar international commerce is going to go real wonky - it won't be worth cross border shipping (I got slammed with huge charges on my last few eBay purchases), shopping, or anything.

I'll just go back to building fast stuff with junk yard parts.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Heh. $299 still gets you free shipping to Canada. You guys are getting off easy. Gotta love this rapid inflation of everything. Just wait until minimum wage spikes up higher and/or we get UBI or similar international commerce is going to go real wonky - it won't be worth cross border shipping (I got slammed with huge charges on my last few eBay purchases), shopping, or anything.

I'll just go back to building fast stuff with junk yard parts.
Until scrape goes up & they crush everything we could of got parts off of.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor