wrecked!! need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiana james

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 22, 2014
Ok so today a kid on a scooter ran a stop sign goin 35 mph luckily he had a helmet o ! But he took out whole drivers side of car! I know his parents insurance company will try and not pay for car its a 1986 cutlass supreme convertible! Been working on her for 5 years and in them 5 years havent seen many forsale and keep in mind that mine was done right has top and well for top chrome trim around top of car where top go's when down its not a chop top!!
So my question is how do I determine the value of car they will go by blue book! All replies will help

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
NADA under classic cars - pay attention to the Value Type Descriptions - most people over rate thier cars.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
unless you had the car professionally appraised they will want to go by the blue book

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
sadly I just had a instance like this in my shop. We had a customer bring in a 70 chevelle that had a ground up restro done and he just paid $35000 for the car. He insured it as a regular car to save money im guessing. He took it to a car show and on the way home was hit in the rear and the car is a total loss.
The other guy is 100% at fault and the insurance adjuster was just sick to see he only had a $20000 policy on the car and that is all they will pay out.He is trying to get a lawyer to help take them to court but isn't having much luck with that....after all he chose the amount and not the insurance company.

one thing the adjuster had mentioned was to get two appraisals on your car before insuring it and take the high one for a value to insure it for.

when it comes to older cars NADA is not a good value guideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor