Gainesville, Fl
I suspect that this car is long gone.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Still in their inventory, Jack

In 40 years of fooling around with old cars, I have encountered exactly ONE yard that would sell a complete car. I BEGGED the owner of a (now closed) yard that I bought from often to sell me a Malibu coupe that was complete with a dead transmission. She declined, said she would make a LOT of money for her....and she was right. Stuff sold like hotcakes and car was gone in 2 weeks.

In some states, it's my understanding, they cannot even if they wanted to.

I get that many people do not consider old cars to be worth anything, this one, I thought, due to wheels, etc that the seller must have had SOME inkling.

Of course, it could have been a police impound that went to auction. I find our local tow auctions to be a complete waste of time, junk for stupid prices.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I ran across this ride a few years back when I was hunting for parts for my GP! it was all there but once I got to it the lightning rods and emblems were gone along with the 8.5 rear, I did score the the trans though... I offered to buy the car complete and I was told nope! after it was stripped I was told I could buy it without a title! paint was clean and body was super clean! '' I did pull off trim and some NOS door hinges which still had the tags on them! I seen it on the lot before it was parted out and knew it was a gem!
361c75d6.jpg

5b978f7f.jpg

40d8077e.jpg

0157b370.jpg

de800b2c.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
That's how I bought my golf found a nice clean roller in a yard and they sold it to me with a rebuilt title or salvage don't remember the term it's under

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor